PDA

View Full Version : Cytek's Nanosuit 2 revealed

fayezAlsalka
09-04-2009, 01:07 PM
" When Crynet Systems released the first Nanosuit four years ago, we described it as “battle armor perfected”.That wasn’t just our opinion: in a scant two months the N1 had become the armor of choice for military forces around the globe. All of which left us at Crynet Systems with a bit of a problem: how do you improve on perfection?

This time, we perfected the soldier.

Not that we’ve ignored the hardware. Our latest offering comes with all the bleeding-edge features you’d expect from Crynet: rad-hardened ceramic epidermis, dynamic Faraday mesh for unsurpassed EMP shielding, state-of-the-art countercurrent heat-ex-changers for thermoneutrality in the most extreme environments. But the soldier within remains our highest priority. No matter how sharp the intellect or how great the courage, the men and women that operate this technology are only flesh and blood. They can grow tired. They can quail in the face of overwhelming odds. They are only human. Until now. For the first time, combat armor not only protects your soldiers but improves them: immunizes them against fear and fatigue keeps them razor-sharp around the clock, feeds real-time tactical telemetry from a thousand sources directly into the brain. Crynet has created something that is more than man, more than machine: something that shares the strengths of both and the weaknesses of neither. "

http://a.imagehost.org/0436/Untitled-3.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0739/Untitled-2_6.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0656/Nano.jpg

Life size replica of the suite:

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/nanosuit_life_size_replica.jpg

Nano suit demo video (http://crynetsystems.com/files/videos/Nanosuit_voice.flv) (Direct download)
Product Brochure (http://crynetsystems.com/files/NanoBrochure.pdf) (PDF)
Crynet | Systems (http://crynetsystems.com/) online (http://crynetsystems.com/)

Nice fiction out there, Can't wait for Crysis 2 release!

Fede
09-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Cool model, but I'm not sure I'm getting this. Is it just a concept or are you actually planning on making and selling this?

DuttyFoot
09-04-2009, 02:13 PM
i'll buy one, where do i sign up, lol
thats an awesome suit and model

fayezAlsalka
09-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Cool model, but I'm not sure I'm getting this. Is it just a concept or are you actually planning on making and selling this?

It is not me! they are the guys at Crytek....i think it is just a concept for now, will be used in Crysis 2 game..

Magnus3D
09-04-2009, 02:38 PM
It looks and sounds great! but before i place my order i'd like to know if it's now possible to perform number 1 and number 2 while wearing this suit. :D it was impossible in revision one of the suit.

/ Magnus

AJ
09-04-2009, 02:48 PM
It's another fantastic model. I'm not sold on the rendering, everything looks dull/flat. I'm also not too sure about the proportions in those full body shots either, his hips look too far down & his legs look quite squashed.

09-04-2009, 06:06 PM
am i the only one who prefer the first one? :-s
i saw the launch at Gamescom and they really put lots of campaign on this one

evolucian
09-04-2009, 06:39 PM
yea have to say tthe rendering looks very flat and mediore. There's do depth beneath the honeycomb pattern in the fabric and the "metal" looks like plastic?! Meh...

still..good for them

CHRiTTeR
09-04-2009, 07:01 PM
yeah, the rendering is quite disapointing, looks a lot like its made of 'toy-plastic'.

but if this is rendered with their next game engine, i guess it doesnt look that bad :D

Kellem
09-04-2009, 07:06 PM
It looks and sounds great! but before i place my order i'd like to know if it's now possible to perform number 1 and number 2 while wearing this suit. :D it was impossible in revision one of the suit.

I too, think in practical terms like this :curious:

tuna
09-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Is Crysis 2 coming out on the PC or is it going to be a console-only dealio with the whole "piracy" fiasco?

fayezAlsalka
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Is Crysis 2 coming out on the PC or is it going to be a console-only dealio with the whole "piracy" fiasco?

It is coming out on PC, PS 3 , and Xbox ;)

SheepFactory
09-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Cant say I like the design. Liked the first one much better.

hanskloss
09-04-2009, 08:07 PM

Personally I wasn't surprised that this game was pirated so much. Paying $50 for a sub par game is a little whack. AI was totally botched, riddled with tons of bugs. Game play wasn't anything revolutionary. To me it was Far Cry with prettier graphics.

-SD-
09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I am really excited about the new features of the suit.

Here's a bunch of really hi-res Nanosuit 2 images: http://www6.incrysis.com/incrysis_dot_com_nanosuit2_images_batch2.zip

The Art and Tech trailers on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWEhonJ2xvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LawSLza6v-Q

Paying $50 for a sub par game is a little whack.Sub par game? Crysis is one of the best FPS games ever released.

tuna
09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Personally I wasn't surprised that this game was pirated so much. Paying $50 for a sub par game is a little whack.

The majority of people who pirated it probably also only did so to see if it ran on their computers or not, then uninstalled when they realised it ran at 8fps.

I enjoyed Warhead so I'm looking forward to a sequel, but the first Crysis game even made me feel nauseous at times with bad/confusing level design.

-SD-
09-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I enjoyed Warhead so I'm looking forward to a sequel, but the first Crysis game even made me feel nauseous at times with bad/confusing level design.
Bad/confusing level design that makes you nauseous? Man, you must get easily confused. How hard is it to follow the green or yellow dots on the map? :)

I liked Crysis much more than Warhead because it was more open than Warhead. While Warhead was fun it was basically a traditional "rail-shooter". The original "veni, vidi, vici" gameplay philosophy was really great in the first Crysis game. I hope Crysis 2 continues the open Crysis gameplay style.

fayezAlsalka
09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Sub par game? Crysis is one of the best FPS games ever released.

absolutely agree....

tuna
09-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Bad/confusing level design that makes you nauseous? Man, you must get easily confused. How hard is it to follow the green or yellow dots on the map? :)

I was mainly referring to the part where you're floating around inside the alien underground ship thing and also the "timed checkpoint" type mission you do after the EMP crap. Anyway it isn't important, I just didn't find the first game as fun.

CHRiTTeR
09-04-2009, 09:13 PM

Oh comon... the only thing intresting about it were the graphics (which i personally also didnt like that much).

Always when i hear someone talk about crysis and why its so great its about the graphics its never about gameplay.

Every trailer is/was focused on hyping the tech behind the engine and not so much about the story or gameplay itself.
The whole game was build and designed to show of the capabilities of their engine.
Its all about eyecandy, but story wise it was boooringggg.

The gameplay didnt get close to the classics like doom, duke nukem 3D and half life.

-SD-
09-04-2009, 09:27 PM
the only thing intresting about it were the graphicsI strongly disagree.

Every trailer is/was focused on hyping the tech behind the engine and not so much about the story or gameplay itself.That is why I was so pleasantly surprised by the nanosuit-enhanced gameplay. I always play on Delta difficulty mode. I got the most enjoyment from fighting against the nanosuited Korean soldiers.

Crysis has given me the most FPS fun since FarCry and Half-Life 2 and is the only modern FPS that is still installed on my PC. Got to have my Crysis fix every now and then!

CGmonkey
09-04-2009, 09:46 PM
I strongly disagree.

That is why I was so pleasantly surprised by the nanosuit-enhanced gameplay. I always play on Delta difficulty mode. I got the most enjoyment from fighting against the nanosuited Korean soldiers.

Crysis has given me the most FPS fun since FarCry and Half-Life 2 and is the only modern FPS that is still installed on my PC. Got to have my Crysis fix every now and then!

Taste is like the ass, divided by a crack.

Purely from an "common rules of game design" point of view, Crysis is an example of exceptionally bad implemented game design (although it's slightly better than FarCry). However, that only goes to show how much the "rules of game design" matters to the players.

I'm impressed with the tech, the game not so much.

Kanga
09-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I am really excited about the new features of the suit.

Here's a bunch of really hi-res Nanosuit 2 images: http://www6.incrysis.com/incrysis_dot_com_nanosuit2_images_batch2.zip

The Art and Tech trailers on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWEhonJ2xvg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LawSLza6v-Q

Thanks for posting those shots, I am enjoying them right now :)

Cheers

Zocky
09-05-2009, 08:32 AM
Hm, nice looking!

Also, is it just me, or is title of the thread typed wrong(cytek)?

MikeNash
09-05-2009, 10:49 AM
Looks sweet, but his anatomy is incorrect as people said. Bet that artist is kicking himself now.

fayezAlsalka
09-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Hm, nice looking!

Also, is it just me, or is title of the thread typed wrong(cytek)?

CRY NET is a trademark of Crytek GmbH. I tried to change the title before but it didn't work?

Kanga
09-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Looks sweet, but his anatomy is incorrect as people said. Bet that artist is kicking himself now.
It the guy supposed to be a grunt?
I think the shorter legs make the suit look more powerfull. I think that is why they did it. Nothing in these designs gets done by accident, you have forty design rounds before the refining stage even :)

undoz
09-05-2009, 01:26 PM
The proportions are from the fact that they built it on top of a human and decided to respect the mass inside. Also they went for a more practical design.
A lot of the time reality is not all that eye candy. Our eyes are used to a more stylized version.
I welcome any change in this direction.

jasonio
09-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm amazed such subtle changes in a design are newsworthy! At a brief glance and without the original to refer too, I can't see any significant differences.

I hope Crysis 2 remains more open-world throughout at the expense at any attempts at "storytelling". What I liked about Crysis 1 was that (at least in early levels) it was open enough between "story waypoints" to allow the player to have far more influence over the "story". Something you don't get that often in FPS's (which are usually only one step away from on-rails-shooters). Taking a different approach to such an established genre structure IS good design. I know its more "fun" to have an FPS hold your hand from beginning to end but its good to have these cliches challenged once in a while.

Thing I missed most in Crysis was a strong atmosphere.

Kanga
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm amazed such subtle changes in a design are newsworthy! At a brief glance and without the original to refer too, I can't see any significant differences.
http://www.art-werx.com/stuff/nanosuit1.jpg
There ya go!
I like them both, the new and the old one. I think it is the most elegant design in combat armour I have seen. The new one is more gutsy I think. I like the new proportions as it lends weight to the concept. Also the bold machined spine and insets are quite dynamic.

Zocky
09-05-2009, 03:56 PM
CRY NET is a trademark of Crytek GmbH.

Cytek(look title), or cRytek?
I think he skipper R in title. Doesn't matter, just thought i'd mention it.

Anyhow, yeah, body proportions seems to be a bit off, but perhabs that was done on perpose?

fayezAlsalka
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Cytek(look title), or cRytek?
I think he skipper R in title. Doesn't matter, just thought i'd mention it.

Anyhow, yeah, body proportions seems to be a bit off, but perhabs that was done on perpose?

yeah it is crytek...i tried to change the title before but it didn't work?

bigbad
09-05-2009, 04:59 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/o53omb.jpg

Yeah, I would love to have the Onanosuit 2...

Edit: Explains the short hands :)

Buexe
09-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Edit: Explains the short hands :)
brilliant :thumbsup:

leuey
09-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Crysis was a great game and it had great gameplay. If you can't get into the gameplay with all different strategies that open up to you with the nanosuit features you must be an exceptionally bad gamer. Gameplay not as good as Doom? Are we talking about the same thing here? Doom's gameplay was straight-ahead shooting with some darkness thrown in for variety. I enjoyed Doom for what it was...but it had nowhere near the gameplay Crysis did, Doom was the Space Invaders of FPS's.

Anyway, sorry you didn't like it - you really missed out. Looking forward to Crysis 2 and the time when Valve's graphics tech will catch up with where Crytek was 2 years ago....

-G

MikeNash
09-06-2009, 02:49 AM
People who seem to hate crysis are ones who didnt have machine that could run it or World of Warcraft Fans who need that addictive gameplay like fallout 3 lol

ZacD
09-06-2009, 03:21 AM
I can almost max it (I run most things on very high the rest on high)

I found the game just meh, I played through the campaign 3 times, the first time I mostly used the cloak/armor and only the other powers when I was forced too, wasn't too fun.
The 2nd time I tried to mix it up more by using strength and speed, but the strength is sucky because you can only kill people with it when your close up, and then your getting shot to hell and without the armor you die, and the speed doesn't last long enough to be useful, is I eventually resorted back to the armor/cloak tactic.

Also I got lost/stuck too many times without a clue what I was suppose to do.

tuna
09-06-2009, 04:28 AM
Crysis was a great game and it had great gameplay. If you can't get into the gameplay with all different strategies that open up to you with the nanosuit features you must be an exceptionally bad gamer.

People who seem to hate crysis are ones who didnt have machine that could run it or World of Warcraft Fans who need that addictive gameplay like fallout 3 lol

Come on guys, just because people didn't think Crysis was the Jesus of FPS games doesn't mean they're somehow invalid from having an opinion on games any more. So far in this thread the "open" nature of the gameplay has been the main reason it's so amazing. However if you ever played Operation Flashpoint or Arma1/2, then you'll know that the open nature of Crysis is relatively on-rails still. It's all relative and down to people's preferences. Get over it.

leuey
09-06-2009, 05:18 AM
I will never get over it. NEV-ARRRRRR!

Zocky
09-06-2009, 10:07 AM
Crysis was intresting game. I played demo and i wasn't so impressed, and was bitching about crysis all the time, that it's mostly just 'tech demo' of engine.

However, once i got full game, i was rether impressed. Gameplay was actually very good and fun, and even the story and general athmosphere were actually very intresting to me.
So all in all, it suprised me, i didn't expect it to be such a good game. Not the best game ever, but it was defenetly better then i thought it would be.

tuna
09-06-2009, 10:18 AM
I will never get over it. NEV-ARRRRRR!

Don't make me come back there!

:)

mustique
09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Crysis is untouchable with it's graphics tech and I think this makes many people nervous.
The gameplay also has very innovative ideas, but well it's a FPS after all. It's not a Spore like new game genre.

Only thing I didn't like about Crysis was that it is PC/DX only. But that is changing with Cryengine3 apparently. Playstation support means that it must be able to use openGL now.

Another thing it lacks is a easy to learn game editor like UnrealEd. Unreal's blackbox had 20 hours of decent video training which was the main motivation for me to buy it.

I hope the new sandbox editor will be more userfriendly and the special edition of Crysis 2 comes with lots of video tutorials for it.

bluemagicuk
09-07-2009, 12:41 AM
I think crysis was one of the best games i have ever played ... trully awesome storyline graphics and gameplay was generally great fun.

People pirated warhead to see if it would run on their rigs and also because it had the ea drm on it which a lot of people dont like to see ... (it is hassle to have to email EA to get it activated if you re-install windows regularily.) Just look at the comments on amazon to see how many people hated the drm. It is a really really big shame about the DRM.

AtsEst
09-07-2009, 09:59 AM
I hope the new sandbox editor will be more userfriendly and the special edition of Crysis 2 comes with lots of video tutorials for it.

:surprised
Sandbox is about as userfriendly as it gets for all things in the editor, though I have to admit that getting your own content(complex entities) in there is a bit of a hassle.

/Ats

Magnus3D
09-07-2009, 10:30 AM
I would have loved to see Pixelux http://www.pixelux.com/ DMM tech in Crysis 2, it would have brought in-game destruction to a new level. The destruction of stuff was pretty dull in Crysis 1 where if you blew up a building it would collapse like a house of cards. Not too exciting..

/ Magnus

mustique
09-07-2009, 03:59 PM
:surprised
Sandbox is about as userfriendly as it gets for all things in the editor, though I have to admit that getting your own content(complex entities) in there is a bit of a hassle.

/Ats

Yep, for me it's all about getting your own assets in there. Which should be easier or better explained via decent video tutorials series, lots of them. Their best bet would be outsourcing this training to the folks at eat3d, 3dbuzz or digital tutors etc IMO.

-SD-
09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
ea drm [...] (it is hassle to have to email EA to get it activated if you re-install windows regularily.)
EA released Crysis Warhead DRM deauthorization tool back in January...

http://crysiswarhead.ea.com/blogs/studio_feed/archive/2009/01/23/crysis-warhead-revoke-tool.aspx

bluemagicuk
09-07-2009, 06:19 PM
EA released Crysis Warhead DRM deauthorization tool back in January...

Interesting ... thanks for the info ... I wonder if they will be using drm for future releases.

AtsEst
09-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Yep, for me it's all about getting your own assets in there. Which should be easier or better explained via decent video tutorials series, lots of them. Their best bet would be outsourcing this training to the folks at eat3d, 3dbuzz or digital tutors etc IMO.

In that case I apologize as I'm in exactly the same situation.(more so because I use XSI modtool for my exporting and it isn't "natively" supported).

Though things have been moving in the right direction for a long time. Crymod is the best place to start as it is a hub connecting most of the materials and links(crywiki, official documentation (doc.crymod.com)).

Good luck

/Ats

mustique
09-07-2009, 09:13 PM
In that case I apologize as I'm in exactly the same situation.(more so because I use XSI modtool for my exporting and it isn't "natively" supported).

Though things have been moving in the right direction for a long time. Crymod is the best place to start as it is a hub connecting most of the materials and links(crywiki, official documentation (doc.crymod.com)).

Good luck

/Ats

Thx for for the crymod docs link. Wondering how the hell I missed that! :argh:

Shletten
09-08-2009, 03:47 AM
Anyone who says that Crysis is just a bland tech demo appears to me as an idiot. I anticipated 'Crysis' for 2 years and surprisingly unlike 'Gears of War' I wasn't disappointed. The graphics sure were the most amazing thing about it, but the rest is pretty much just as good. The gameplay is way better than you average consolized FPS *cough* Call of Duty 4 and such. I really enjoy the dimension that the nanosuit brings to the game, the possibilities are almost endless. The game didn't feel linear either because the levels are very large and there are many different paths, I still discover some. The second half of the game is not as fun to play but the atmosphere is strong and the landscapes are unlike anything else. I really like the level where you're in the ship for instance. I thought that the story while being typical was greatly presented and quite engaging!

Anyway, I really like Crysis and it's not without reason. The sound design and the art direction is amongst the best I have ever seen too.

In my opinion, the nanosuit is one the best designed armor ever and I don't seem to be the only one to think that because it turns out Crytek won an award for its outstanding design. http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=825&Itemid=1

Teyon
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Cant say I like the design. Liked the first one much better.

I'm with Sheep on this one. Not really that impressed and yes, his waist seems really long or his legs/arms are really short.

Stimpy
09-08-2009, 04:07 PM
In my opinion, the nanosuit is one the best designed armor ever and I don't seem to be the only one to think that because it turns out Crytek won an award for its outstanding design. http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=825&Itemid=1

if only you knew how these 'design awards' worked....

(ah yeah... my personal opinion not those of my employer etc yadda)

JML
09-09-2009, 02:39 PM
The gameplay is way better than you average consolized FPS *cough* Call of Duty 4 and such.
agreed,
and that's the first thing that makes crysis and far cry so much better, a lot more freedom.

You can finish the game multiple times by using different tactics, going different way.
After playing those games, I get easily bored with basic shooting game, where you have to follow the 'game path'.
Call of Duty,ghost recon,etc.. it's pretty much a long corridor with turns and pretty environment.

I like the new suit, but how do you put it on? that must be a pain :)

AndrewRamos
09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
First suit was designed better i'd say...it had a better overall balance of muscles/form and technology.

This time around it looks like they focused too much on muscle, to a point where that suit looks uncomfortable.

Blighto
09-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I also always wondered how you put the thing on.

Crysis was an outstanding game to be fair, sure the gameplay wasnt as good in the second half, but it had its awesome bits. Its not just about graphics, the game is incredibly immersive - if you turn up your headphones/speakers loud enough to hear the subtleties of the environment it almost feels as if youre there. The physics are good and almost everything is destructible. It really allows the gamer to do almost anything they want and looks and sounds damn good while doing it.. what more can you ask?

I guess the main problem with the gameplay was that the storyline forced the player through things, which ended up making it linear in parts. Imagine if the whole game was as open as the first half.

Regarding the suit again, would be cool if the suit looked like that when you selected strength mode - as in actually expanded and "beefed up" a bit, and then when in one of the other modes it returned to a slimmer design like the first.

Shletten
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
The game is incredibly immersive - if you turn up your headphones/speakers loud enough to hear the subtleties of the environment it almost feels as if youre there. True that, one the first suprises I had when I played the demo was to see how good the sound was. The volume for almost every sound effect feels right and the sampling is really good. The reverb effects are near-perfect too.

I really love this game and I'm looking foward to Crysis 2 but I don't know why there's a change of nanosuit if we are to play as Nomad again... I mean, he's on the island right now with Psycho and Helena in search for Prophet.

Oh and I'm hoping for Crysis 2 to go back to first-person POV cutscenes. It was way more realistic and engaging. Warhead has its strenghts, some elements are better than Crysis (music, level design, variety), but Crysis as a whole is much more gripping game for me.

-SD-
09-10-2009, 08:47 PM
crysis and far cry

[...]

After playing those games, I get easily bored with basic shooting game, where you have to follow the 'game path'.
Call of Duty,ghost recon,etc.. it's pretty much a long corridor with turns and pretty environment.
That has happened to me as well. I can't get enjoyment out of the old school scripted-to-the-max shooters anymore.

LordHades
09-11-2009, 03:28 PM
To me the first one was inspiring; this one not so much. Usually, when there is a chance to remake something, the designers attempt to trump the first design. I don't see that at all - in fact, I barely noticed the spiderman texture used in the first one. This one it sticks out at you!

Artenis
09-12-2009, 03:23 PM
crytek 3 crazy türkish brothers :) cool jobs...

Artenis
09-12-2009, 03:53 PM
Cool, Crytek owners three crazy Türkish Brothers :cool: ,
keep going on..

CHRiTTeR
09-12-2009, 07:22 PM
i just some videos demoing dx11... could it be this suit is rendered in dx11? :)

looks a lot like tesselation and micro-AO were used :D

ajcgi
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Hmm think I prefer the 1st suit too. I only got round to buying Crysis the weekend just gone. Thought I'd give it a go as the demo intrigued me. I was a big Far Cry fan and the sequel to that annoyed me in that there was feck all story and each mission felt the same imo. Crysis immediately feels engrossing and I'm intrigued to see how the story unfolds.

I know people raved about the tech, but come on... 2 moments that stick in my mind from the weekend... 1)Hiding from a helicopter gunship behind a tree only for the tree to fall to my right and a rocket to hit me between the eyes (bad timing and a lack of rocket launcher on my part) and 2) Shooting a guy who appeared at the top of a ledge next to me, then seeing him fall down the hill knocking over one of his friends with a satisfying "AAGH!??" of surprise. Both those moments wouldn't have happened without interactivity between different elements in the game.

I know that's not unique to crysis, but it helps with the immersion imo.

CGTalk Moderation
09-14-2009, 04:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.