PDA

View Full Version : help in maya physical sun

hueman
09-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi everyone,
I desperately need your help in solving a problem i have in maya physical sun rendering.

I am not able to control the opacity of shadows i get from physical sun it is too dark , almost black I want to decrease it's opacity but don't know how to Please help

kanooshka
09-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Changing the opacity of shadows is not usually a good idea. Shadows appear brighter because they have light being cast on them. By default the sun/sky setup requires Final Gather on to cast skylight into your scene, so make sure it's enabled. After that's done there are a few ways you can lighten the shadow. You can increase your Final Gather scale, keep in mind this will also increase the brightness of the sun's bounce light as well. Or, you could disconnect the physical sun's multiplier from the physical sky's multiplier and then increase the physical sky's multiplier. And finally, you could add in any extra lighting you want with spot lights, arealights or whatever lights you like to get the light exactly where you'd like it.

hueman
09-05-2009, 01:43 PM
I enabled the final gather .Apart from that haze attribute in physical sun node also brightens the shadow a bit along with slight change in lighting.

kanooshka
09-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Glad to help! Are you using physical sky as well?

hueman
09-06-2009, 03:36 AM
yes,
I love using mental ray , though i don't know that much about it but i think physical sun is pretty cool and i love mental ray renderer

grafmishurov
09-06-2009, 09:53 PM
You can control the shadow opacity for different objects, not for all. Connect mentalray's shadow shader "mib_shadow_transparency" to shading group and control "transp" attribute.

pankajkaintura43
09-10-2009, 06:46 AM
How can I control the blue colour in the scene which is coming from the physical sky?????????

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2009, 06:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.