PDA

View Full Version : The Age of Darkness

The Lord
08-07-2003, 06:47 AM
I am gathering people to make a CG cinematic for a Warcraft III Mod I am leading, The Age of Darkness. It will not be a common animation, it shall show itself very difficult. But as i trust in the might of these communities, i will try. "What shall i receive at helping in this such hard CG??" you ask. My answer: Well, as the CG cinematic is so grandiose, it will surely be praised by everyone which plays the mod, and, thus, the staff whose worked hard on it.
I am attaching the faq, so you can learn everything you might want about the project.

The CG will need a little team to be made. (minimum required)

-Storyboard and direction: Me, of course.
-Character modelling: 2 or 3 people. Maybe even me.
-Texturing: Me, and 2, 3 or even 4 more talented people.
-Terrain modelling: 1 is sufficient.
-Environment modelling: 2 people is sufficient.
-Animating: well, this is the hardest part of all the Cg making. I will be the senior animator, but i will also need 2 or maybe 3 more people to make it, because it is a tiresome work.
-Sound gathering: 1 is required.
-Preogramming: This can save a lot of tiresome stuff, so i need 1 or maybe even 2. 1 is required.
-Rendering: As my computer sucks, i need somebody to render the animation with me.
-Editor: 1 required.

this is all i got for now.

People who want to join please give me e-mail and msn or icq. Also, i got a channel named #wc3mods (irc.irchighway.net)

More information will be given further.

The Lord
08-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Is there anything I missed?

The Lord
08-13-2003, 05:13 AM
Oh, and i forgot to say, my e-mail is [admin edit - removed email address at request of user].
Please, tell me if there is something else I missed.

Benork
09-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Ok two months since your first post. Can we have an update on the situation of the project?

Thanks

The Lord
09-14-2003, 05:20 AM
Yes, all you might want can be easly located
here (http://www.wc3campaigns.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=235&x=4&y=12).

Keiyentai
10-01-2003, 05:58 AM
Looks like a cool project man. I woud help but right now I am swamped with stuff from my game :surprised . What all do you really need? Maybe put some things you need done first ect ect. CuteScene or something like that. Good luck man!

Benork
10-05-2003, 07:16 PM
Have you made a cinematic before?

Id add the following to your list:

Editor
Compositor
Music Composer

Can i see a script?

The Lord
10-06-2003, 06:54 AM
I'll work on a storyboard soonly.

Are you interested getting in? If you are, please contact me.

Benork
10-06-2003, 01:57 PM
I enjoy editing and got top grades in my class at college for it. Once you get to that point please drop me a line and I would be happy to help if im not too inundated with work.

Of course that is a while off yet, but good luck with the project and ill monitor this topic so if you post some updates here I will definatly have a look.

:thumbsup:

The Lord
10-08-2003, 06:31 AM
Hmm...... Is the script you're talking about like a storyboard? What's the "line" you're talking about?

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.