PDA

View Full Version : blurry interface

duderender
08-07-2003, 05:44 AM
When I am trying 2.28 blender, the interface text is all blurry, until I move my mouse over a button or I press it and the text becomes more sharp.

Is this supposed to be the UI for blender? If so, it really makes the interface slow. :thumbsdow

basse
08-07-2003, 02:42 PM
try turning off the internationalization (word?) .. (meaning anti-aliased fonts) from the "i" menu upstrairs..

.b

Kartoffel
08-07-2003, 05:33 PM
I have the same problem on my Win-XP-Laptop sometimes.
On my old PC I don't have it.

I don't kow how to fix it but it does also occur without the international fonts!

Apollux
08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by duderender

Is this supposed to be the UI for blender? If so, it really makes the interface slow. :thumbsdow

Not at all!!

It is the first time that I hear about those kind of trouble. Are you using updated OpenGL drivers? The ones that come installed by default on Windows and Linux are really shitty.

duderender
08-07-2003, 06:05 PM
I will try blender on another box. I will post a screencap when I get a chance.

It blurs the whole screen at times.

My openGL should be ok, I use Lightwave3D also and others that require openGL.

duderender
08-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Ok,

I just installed on another computer with quadro card and everything looks fine.

Guess I need to look at drivers now for the vid card.

basse
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
you have lightwave and you still want to use blender?

sounds nice.

.b

duderender
08-07-2003, 10:00 PM
I am trying to do a seminar on rendering CAD models. So I am looking at different solutions from free, to cheap to more expensive.

I think I will be showing Blender (if I can), trueSpace, 3D Studio MAX and maybe Lightwave.

Obviously MAX tips the scale on price, but it seems to be better suited for the engineering community.

Apollux
08-08-2003, 01:55 AM
[i]Obviously MAX tips the scale on price, but it seems to be better suited for the engineering community. [/B]

No big surprise, considering it comes from the same makers of AutoCAD.

(Changed company name, same company).

duderender
08-08-2003, 02:35 AM
Yep,

I used to use it when it was called 3D studio and was a DOS program with a sky blue interface.

versions 3 and 4.

Even used a program called AutoDESK Animator, DOS again and made those .FLC files!!

How's that for nostalgia. :buttrock:

duderender
08-08-2003, 02:55 AM
you know what, I think my problem is this stupid piece o'crap XFX Geforce "4" 440MX Se card I have. It has caused problems in other areas, so I'm gonna replace it.

Stay away from that card!

Thanks for the help nonetheless.

Apollux
08-08-2003, 04:23 AM
I'm using a Gforce 4 card also, the Nvidia Titanium 4200 8x AGP (woa!!! that is a really pompous name, is't it?) and it have never caused me any trouble in Windows neither in Linux.

..... well, the latest Nvidia Linux driver is broken here and there, but that' s not the fault of the card.

duderender
08-08-2003, 06:36 AM
unfortunately, as I've found out, the geforce 4 MX series is really like an overclocked geforce2 and I cannot be sure that it implements opengl fully.

i was cheap... and now i've scorned myself.

Apollux
08-08-2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by duderender
[B]I cannot be sure that it implements opengl fully.

Blender can help you find it out

go to this thread and fallow the instructions

http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13526&highlight=slow

duderender
08-08-2003, 07:04 AM
Apollux,

alt+p brings up the make parent window. sorry but i'm so newbie at blender, i didn't really understand about running the text file.

Apollux
08-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Ok!!.... at least you know how to change the current window type?

No? ok... here is how (I'm assuming you still have the default window configuration)

Look in the 3D window (the one that has the grid and all your meshes), at the lower left corner you can see the word axis (y-z, z-x, z-y and so)... the button you need is right under the word axis. That button control the type of window you are working with.

Click and hold the button, a popup menu appears with all the windows types... one choice is 'Text Editor'.

As soon as you pick the text editor the layout of the window changes. Counting to the right from the button you just used, the thrid one looks like a big minus sign [ - ], click and hold it. Choose ¨ADD NEW¨ to open a new text buffer where you can write.

Once you are done writting the little scrip (pay atention to your spelling) press Alt-P while your mouse is over the text

that is!!!... go and check the result on the console that was opened when you started Blender (if you are runnin Windows, it is a DOS console).

:wavey:

duderender
08-08-2003, 06:56 PM
Rock n' Roll Dude... thanks Apollux.

Here are my results:

GeForce4 MX 440/PCI/SSE
NVIDIA Corporation

I loaded the latest nVidia drivers. Still blur city, however when I go full screen mode it's seems OK.

paradox
08-09-2003, 01:08 AM
put your mouse cursur in the text window then hit alt p.
Paradox

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.