PDA

View Full Version : Question about schools

happy-gibbon
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Hi, As of now, I'm a zbrush/silo hobbyist who already has had traditional schooling in painting/drawing. I'm looking to become a modeler for games/movies. I've been searching for a good school to go to for 3d instruction. I've looked through the forums here and found a bunch of people talk about VFS and Vanarts a while back, so I'm looking into those schools. I need preferably something along the lines of those schools, a one year intensive program to get a demo reel together. I've also heard a bit about CDIA, but not that much. I was wondering if it was on par with VFS in particular (instruction, job placement). I'm not looking for a flame war about what schools are the best. I know the positives and negatives of these schools in general, and that one needs to push themselves to find success anywhere. I'm just looking for a good program with a competitive environment and good contacts for future job placement for those that work hard. Any suggestions are most appreciated. THX

happy-gibbon
09-03-2009, 04:19 AM
No CDIA students/grads out there to give some opinions?

CGTalk Moderation
09-03-2009, 04:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.