PDA

View Full Version : Disney Releases 6-Minute Clip from "Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure"

RobertoOrtiz
09-02-2009, 03:47 AM
check it out:
LINK (http://news.toonzone.net/articles/30948/disney-releases-6-minute-clip-from-tinker-bell-and-the-lost-treasure)

Remi
09-02-2009, 04:14 AM
My girls absolutely love the first one. This one looks just as good as that one, i'll probably own this one as well:)

Nemoid
09-02-2009, 07:36 AM
visually awesome :)

ShinChanPu
09-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Cool... but, where is Barbie?? :D

cresshead
09-02-2009, 10:28 AM
thanks for the link!

love the backgrounds and some of the models
main characters look okay, abit generic...some look like left overs from bugs life!
lighting looks abit 'flat'...maybe done to edge it into a more 2d look?
Q. is that sean connery voicing the large fairy with a tash?
simply detest the song...it's the main thing i don't like about disney>>'sickly sweet songs'
the tomboy thing has ben played so many times..but it 'works' so was probably why they went for it.

i'll probably rent it.

Larry_g1s
09-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I've got four kids (6 and under), and for the last 4+ months I've been stopping home BlockBuster from my way to work on Friday's and renting an animated feature movie. My two oldest our boys, so to a degree, some of the choices have been more tailored to them. But a couple of weeks back I decided to rent one more tailored to our 3rd child (little girl) and get the Tinker Bell movie. I was completely taken by the high quality of a direct DVD movie. Everything from the animation, modeling, lighting, etc. was very solid, and the story was watchable.

I'll check this one out with the kids too.

Dennik
09-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm pretty sure by now they must be using a proprietary Disney movie maker software.
I mean, all they have to do is to drag some sliders for random recycled scenario, random recycled dialogs, random recycled music score etc, hit the make movie button and voila! Saves all the budget for the producers.

But like everyone else, I'm sure my little daughter will love it.

bjoern
09-03-2009, 10:26 AM
kinda disapointing... the quality is not on Disneylevel, especially the characteranimation.
looks in allot of shots stiff.

Titus
09-03-2009, 01:29 PM
my kids loved the first one, I'm sure they'll love this.

vfx
09-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Ahh that Disney voiceover - always gets me! hehe.

Well I for one was really impressed with the first tinkerbell movie, I thought that it was one of the best if not the best straight to dvd release from Disney. The colours and the models really do look great. I am up for another outing even though it is aimed at younger audiences.

Question: Are these animated films the work of the newly formed disney animation studios under Laseter control?

eliseu gouveia
09-03-2009, 03:16 PM
My 2 years old niece has been watching the 1st dvd everyday for the last few months.
it will be great to finally be able to give that disk some well deserved rest.

slime
09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
The Tinkerbell movies are done by Prana Animation Studios, in Mumbai, India.
I think they are doing a fantastic job, and Disney is definitely making a lot of money out of these direct to DVDs releases.

Venkman
09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Tinkerbell is not my cup of tea, but my god, that is the most impressive straight to DVD work I have ever seen. Better than many theatrical releases from some other studios!

Now if only they could revive some of their old weekday shows in that quality: Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales... :)

Geta-Ve
09-04-2009, 09:44 PM
dude, I would totally watch that... :buttrock:

DanielWray
09-06-2009, 09:15 PM
I've seen one of these tinkerbell DVD's (was watching with a little niece) and i too was blown away by the qaulity of the animation and espeically the lighting and material's (the smoke FX's were pretty awesome too).

I mean it's not upto pixar/ bluesky/ dreamwork's over-all polished look, but it was very very close (from what i can remember), considering this is a straight to DVD feature i'm pretty blown away. They could release these as feature films and the kids parents would pay to go and see it. I know my little niece watches the tinkerbell film (can't remember the name) atleast 3 to 4 times a week!

Off to watch the trailer now :cool:

EDIT: Seems the studio behind this work is now run by ed catmull and john lasseter and, instead of re-doing old classics and new sequels to disneys older films, will work on new spin-off's and oringals. Should be quite good, if they target more than just the kids area that is.

DuttyFoot
09-07-2009, 04:46 AM
i saw one of these dvd's the other day and was also blown away by the quality of the work.

Swahn
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice renderings, but darn those are some generic character models.
Their look makes me want to throw up :(
Way bad animation/acting like you would expect.

Well, i guess this movie is not for me ;)

CGTalk Moderation
09-09-2009, 01:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.