PDA

View Full Version : mip_cameramap question

royterr
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
i pluged a mip_cameramap node to the background slot of a mip_rayswitch_environment node wich is plugged to the environment slot of my camera, just like ine the docs.

but when i render, my reflective sphere (mia_material) only reflects black color and not the plate of the mip_cameramap node, why is that?

VanDerGoes
09-02-2009, 07:10 AM
I think that is because you have nothing in the environment slot of the rayswitch. Plug a mirrorball in it and it will work. Mip_cameramap should also go in the background slot of the mip_matteshadows (if you're using it). Read the posts about production shaders on master zap's blog or watch his siggraph masterclass (link is in its blog). He uses max but the workflow is the same.
Hope that helps.

royterr
09-08-2009, 06:25 AM
I think that is because you have nothing in the environment slot of the rayswitch. Plug a mirrorball in it and it will work. Mip_cameramap should also go in the background slot of the mip_matteshadows (if you're using it). Read the posts about production shaders on master zap's blog or watch his siggraph masterclass (link is in its blog). He uses max but the workflow is the same.
Hope that helps.

it didn't work.
but thanks for the links

CGTalk Moderation
09-08-2009, 06:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.