PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Edmund

rube
01-15-2002, 02:30 AM
Hello all... first post here just thought I'd show a couple pics from a short film I'm working on at the moment.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rklawitter/edmund/edmund05.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/rklawitter/edmund/edhouse01.jpg

rube

Jhonus
01-15-2002, 04:36 AM
Hey, i love your stylized images... they really kick ass.

You'll probably have to do some brilliant animation to pull it off as whole.

Just thinking, maybe you could add some stylized telephone wires or power pylons... that would give you some really cool leading lines to play with, and could make the compositions more stimulating etc etc

alphatron
01-15-2002, 04:50 AM
Stylistically reminds me of Johnny The Homicidal Maniac.. was this a source of inspiration?

gL_spear
01-15-2002, 05:26 AM
that bottom image is image is really nice... but how about a more dynamic camera angle or focal length , than just straight on, it might give a better depth of field to the shot. ;)

LordIron2k
01-15-2002, 06:56 AM
HAHA I love it

Krep Suzeth
01-15-2002, 06:59 AM
Hoho !!!
I like the little face behind the window !

Nice !

Krep

chrom
01-15-2002, 09:39 AM
haha cool design man like it
nice toon view

cheers
.chrom

goodlag
01-15-2002, 10:58 AM
really lovely work cool~

sigma
01-15-2002, 11:22 AM
I love it. Nice style. Maybe fill the doorway. What happened to his chest? Domestic dispute? :p Thought; fill the hole in his chest and place a small tie in its place. Just some ideas.

Nice work.

Blackarts
01-15-2002, 12:44 PM
hey, neat stuff. Like the style a lot. The only thing that bugs me is the brightness and pure blue and green of the backround. This guy looks kinda of dark and creepy, so maybe the BG should be a bit more subdued. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-daryl

rube
01-15-2002, 02:31 PM
Thanks for all the comments guys... let's see

Kruger: yeah the house is still not finished... and I'll add a couple houses on either side... I hadn't thought about any other street details other than some bushes but I'll see how they look.

alphatron: The main influence I had stylisticly would be all of Tim Burtons stuff. When I actually made these the characters and a few others I hadn't seen any of Jhonen Vasquez or Roman Dirge's stuff although now that I've seen a fair bit of it I can certainly see a similarity.

Sigma: Edmund is a boy who was born with no heart, just a hole where his heart should be. That's also why he's dark and gloomy looking.

Blackarts: The lack of a heart is why Edmund is so gloomy and that look is mirrored in his bedroom but I want the outide to be bright and happy to contrast Edmund... usually he just looks out his window to see the happiness outside...

Everyone else: thanks for the good words

rube

Brain_Donor
01-15-2002, 05:34 PM
kinda reminds me of tim burtons work.... which is good ......

looks nice....

Kadde
01-15-2002, 09:01 PM
very very cool.
he catches the audience . the design is strong.
keep up the quality work !

rube
02-04-2002, 05:49 AM
Hey guys... I've put up a small teaser for the film on my site... mostly just storyboard drawings right now but it'll be updated over time as I finish more animation.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rklawitter/edmund/

rube

Facial Deluxe
02-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Something really great will arrive this summer.
Love the music too.
COURAGE !

rube
03-17-2002, 11:31 AM
just thought I'd put up a little update that shows 'look' of the inside of edmund's room.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rklawitter/edmund/edroom5.jpg

it's going slow... but it is going

rube

BAROBA
03-17-2002, 05:09 PM
really nice :)
I love the style of it :)
I have seen the teaser, really nice
That music , is it of the game 'American Mcgee's Alice' ?
Can't wait to see it finished :)

rube
03-17-2002, 10:15 PM
thanks. the music is original to the teaser and was made by my brother.

rube

FrageNSTEIN
03-17-2002, 11:44 PM
phatty. really phatty.

so_hi
03-18-2002, 03:00 AM
I am glad some one is finally done it, the puppet animation look that is.

I don't know if you were trying to but, it has a very "Nightmare before Christmas" feel or perhaps a Burton-esque look. Keep going I await it's out come with baited breath. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.