PDA

View Full Version : Vray glass lighting problem

CLouDZeRo
08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
When I have a sticker or a piece of paper on glass, looking at it from the other side causes the number of samples to shoot up on that spot.
For example, if I have a sticker stuck to a car window from the OUTSIDE, and I look at the sticker from INSIDE of the car, there would be too many samples on the sticker due to the Dist Thres parameter and because the two items are so close to each other. The number of samples is unnecessary and causes a major slow down in render time. Changing the Dist Thres parameter to use less samples lowers quality of the other parts of the scene way too much. Is there a solution?

mister3d
08-31-2009, 03:12 AM
Make it to go a little inside of the glass.

CLouDZeRo
08-31-2009, 04:09 AM
Make it to go a little inside of the glass.

It still causes the same number of samples to appear.

mister3d
08-31-2009, 06:15 AM
Can you post the piece of the scene causing the problem?

CLouDZeRo
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Can you post the piece of the scene causing the problem?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2672/3879428574_1caff8ddea_o.png

CLouDZeRo
09-03-2009, 05:26 PM
no solution?

mister3d
09-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Sorry, what kind of sticker are you talking about? I can't understand. What kind of samples, irradiance map? Can you outline it and explain what problem it causes? A considerable slow-down, like what?

CLouDZeRo
09-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry, what kind of sticker are you talking about? I can't understand. What kind of samples, irradiance map? Can you outline it and explain what problem it causes? A considerable slow-down, like what?

on the right picture, anything that ISNT a sample would be pure black, as you can see the area around the screen and where the small buttons sit, the samples are so dense that there is no black. it is a gray plane right after the glass

mister3d
09-04-2009, 05:50 AM
First of all, you don't need GI in this scene, secondly, you can play with GI settings like normal, color thresholds and so on.
EDIT: make it not to generate GI then. Als ocheck is turnin off generatin shadows for this thing works. And maybe "reflect on back side" can be turned off.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2009, 05:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.