PDA

View Full Version : My Website (animator). Please visit

ajfrank
08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi everybody! Been a long time since I've been on here. Been very busy lately.

Well I finally have a new website up and running now. I'll be keeping it updated daily so bookmark me and keep checking me out daily if you want to keep track of my work. Feel free to check it out:

www.ajfrank3d.com

Please feel free to critique my work. Critiques are highly appreciated and welcomed.

Thanks and have a nice day!

EricDLegare
08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
On your website it says that you are thinking about using the "Mec Figh (http://www.ajfrank3d.com/media/MechFight4.mov)" animation in your reel, as it looks at lot like a cutscene from MGS4 I would be careful about using this one, people might think that you were rotoscoping the animation espscially because of the end sequence which has the same camera angle as MGS4.

Having people think that a part of your reel is not 100% yours can hurt you so I would adivse making it diferent or calling it somehting like "Tribute to MGS4 Gekko vs. Raiden scene".

The other animations are ok but you say they are WIP so it looks your reel is going to be looking good !

ajfrank
08-31-2009, 12:31 AM
Wow seriously? I didn't play MGS4 but I did see some of there cut scenes. I think I know which scene you're talking about. But I got the camera idea at the end from the Iron Man movie lol. I need to re-look at some of MGS4 cutscenes again. It cant be exactly the same as theirs, is it?

I'm hoping my reel do turn out good. I'm putting alot of time into studying and animating so hopefully it'll payoff.

Thanks for the comment. I'll look for that MGS4 cutscene.

CGTalk Moderation
08-31-2009, 12:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.