PDA

View Full Version : Object UV sets.,& bump map detail ?

DAZZAN
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi,

My 3d Shark has been UV mapped with uv 0-1,2,3 sets for body,fins,and inner mouth.
Can i use put a(1) 4096 texture on my model,and start my bump map detail over the Whole body as i would do if i had all of parts inside 1 , 0 to 1 map.

Would i get 3 maps to export as normal maps in the end.

At the moment i get a jumble of all 3 uv set maps over each other when i uv check the model.

Are they like placed over each other so i still sculpt bump detail and it will go onto the corisponding uv set ?

Do i make 3 textures 4096 for each bump map detailing.

And use each uv group accourdingly .

I thought i read z brush can only see 1 ,0-1 set.(so that why 2,3 are all on top of 0.1 )

But i know it can export multiple uv sets

Bit confused on this.

Can someone help please

regards

Dazz

DAZZAN
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry I did do a search on google and this reply seems to fit my answer.

It is from 06 but it seems to be working.

Viewing the whole model does not matter to me.

now i understand what it does it makes it easier to do my bump mapping detail after i finish my sculpt.

regards

Dazz

ZBrush supports multiple UV regions with regards to displacement map generation. For textures ZBrush only supports 1 editable texture at a time.

So to generate bump maps using your existing UV regions you would need to hide geometry based on your regions and paint the bump map. It would be a slightly different process as you would most likely not be able to view your entire model at once (due to the UV regions and seperate bump/texture maps)

CGTalk Moderation
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.