PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Animation

seisenmann
08-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Hello everyone I'm currently working on an animation for my up coming Senior Studio class. I want to get all the animation out of the way now so that when I get into the class I can focus on the area I want to specialize in, lighting and rendering.

Plane animation (http://steve-eisenmann.com/public/117blackhawkplayblast.mov)

I still have more to add to it but I like to get feed back as early as possible. Do you think the motion the plane looks natural or does something need to be changed on it

Thank you

robcat2075
09-05-2009, 07:42 AM
It's hard to crit since my knowledge of the flight characteristics of Stealth Bombers is rather small.

But when it stops rolling at the end it lookslike it's hit a rock. Would an object that massive stop so suddenly?

There's gotta be some reference footage of fighter jets doing maneuvers like this. You might find one and copy it as closely as possible.

dhines
09-05-2009, 08:17 AM
I'm currently contracting at a simulation company and I can tell you that the planes do not stop super suddenly. From our reference videos, it seems that they overshoot and then roll back slightly to a settle position.

CGTalk Moderation
09-05-2009, 08:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.