PDA

View Full Version : Animating a zbrush model

Rewi
08-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Would it be possible to model a character entirely in zbrush from zspheres, with the intention of animating it in Maya? Or is there a better way to go about this? is it just a matter of exporting the mesh and fixing a few edge loops or am i missing something?
thanks

mecos
08-31-2009, 08:08 PM
Would it be possible to model a character entirely in zbrush from zspheres, with the intention of animating it in Maya? Or is there a better way to go about this? is it just a matter of exporting the mesh and fixing a few edge loops or am i missing something?
thanks

you should be able to do the whole model in zbrush. you can redraw the topology redraw the topology of your model within zbrush too to better conform to animation.

Rewi
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
ok cool. i was mainly just concerned about modeling the head and not having good edge flow for animating facial expressions..would i be better off using maya to get better topology and adding the detail as a displacement map?

CGTalk Moderation
09-10-2009, 11:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.