PDA

View Full Version : Highend3d becomes CreativeCrash?

noizFACTORY
08-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Didn't see this coming. Highend3d seems to have been revamped and even the url redirects you to http://www.creativecrash.com

For some weird reasons, it feels like Autodesk Area now. But all the stuff is still there so the backend doesn't seem to have changed much.

-Sachin

R10k
08-28-2009, 07:49 AM
From the front page...

CreativeCrash is the evolution of highend3d.com and fxshare.com. It combines features of a social/business network, 2d and 3d learning resources, community and marketplace. We are currently in Beta and will be adding features, sections and more supported software in the next coming days/weeks.

So, it's not quite the same.

ubermensch76
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
End of an era. One of the last old style Cg portals that was actually useful.

mushroomgod
08-28-2009, 12:10 PM
yep...there was a post about it a few days ago, I guess it was deleted.

Good luck to them.

danlefeb
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
First thought: :(

I hope they prove me wrong, but Highend3d was awesome.

Remi
08-28-2009, 03:01 PM
If they make finding scripts screwy, someone needs to make another highend that was the way it was before. Simple to find what you needed, just did a quick look around and I want it to go back to the way it was already.

Ikaria
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
It looks very slick and works well, but seems almost 'overdone' in its complexity. Might take some getting used to. It's always ruled for its scripts and maya listserv, but the addition of a market place might make things a bit confusing.

Decency
08-28-2009, 04:29 PM
The have some horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE models for sale in their store. I don't know if this is a new feature or not but the fact that they allow those to be sold is enough to make me never want to visit the site again.

noizFACTORY
08-28-2009, 04:31 PM
If they make finding scripts screwy, someone needs to make another highend that was the way it was before. Simple to find what you needed, just did a quick look around and I want it to go back to the way it was already.

That was the first thing I tried this morning while posting this. While searching for the scripts themselves wasn't a lot difficult, the interface looked a little clunky and overdone. But the scripts are all safe and as accessible.

-Sachin

EightBit
08-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Running a site like that is a lot of work and I'd imagine its tough to make a buck from it...
It was/is the best repository of Maya resources that I know of, but IMO the forums here are better.

Magnus3D
08-28-2009, 04:57 PM
The only thing that i can say bothers me is the name of it, creativecrash. What's that supposed to mean ? i don't wanna crash my creativity by entering their site. I go to their site to do the opposite of that. Except for that little naming weirdness the site is ok and i'm sure the site will work fine the way it is.

/ Magnus

Kanga
08-28-2009, 05:28 PM
Crap,.. when I log in it says 'kanga, you have no friends'. :eek:

noizFACTORY
08-28-2009, 06:41 PM
The only thing that i can say bothers me is the name of it, creativecrash. What's that supposed to mean ? i don't wanna crash my creativity by entering their site. I go to their site to do the opposite of that. Except for that little naming weirdness the site is ok and i'm sure the site will work fine the way it is.

/ Magnus

Yeah, the name confused me too. And they could have simply merged the two websites without changing highend3d's name. Strange choice.

-Sachin

danlefeb
08-28-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah, the name confused me too. And they could have simply merged the two websites without changing highend3d's name. Strange choice.

The have some horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE models for sale in their store.

Maybe they're lowering their standards? It's not a site for high end 3d anymore. At least they're being honest about it. :)

Animasta
09-02-2009, 02:22 AM
For anyone who cares.
http://highendnet.com

It's basically a full blooded clone of highend3d (everything is exactly the same as the last time I saw highend3d).

EightBit
09-02-2009, 09:52 AM
For anyone who cares.
http://highendnet.com
It's basically a full blooded clone of highend3d (everything is exactly the same as the last time I saw highend3d).
Interesting find, but frozen in time...
The last post is 8/23. I found that if I tried to view a thread in the Maya forum, I was transferred to the Creative Crash forums.
Beggars can't be choosers, so the ppl who maintain that site need to do what they need to do. However, all the search engine links to H3D articles are now broken, and I've been unable to find an email subscription service for the various threads/forums at Creative Crash.
Life is change... hopefully not spare change...

rebb
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the new site, the old highend3d.com was a quick and easy stop to look for Maya scripts, now i have to scroll through 3 pages of things that don't interest me, on a much slower website.

Ah well, maybe i'll get used to it.

:shrug:

The bigger problem i think tho is that now a lot of highend3d.com google search results to interesting forum-postings there, end up on the main page of creativeCrash, invalidating all these results that were possibly helpful to people.

R10k
09-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Interesting comments... I never did like the old highend3d.com, as I could never find what I was looking for. I guess it was just me ;)

leigh
09-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Please don't use this website to complain about other websites.