PDA

View Full Version : Non-Photorealistic Rendering in Vue?

GothTropic411
08-28-2009, 01:14 AM
Hi guys, I'm a hobbyist CG-er as you can tell from my avatar, and I have been seriously thinking about buying Vue (most possibly one of the packages for $50). It looks like a decent program for making still pictures and I want to make digitally airbrushed comics and use Vue for the backgrounds, because I'm a perfectionist.

Now to the point! My art style is Russian commercial art-inspired. I like using colored shadows (blue and purple are my favorite colors), and I like having colored highlights as well. If I wanted to paint a tree, it would have a green base color, then blue shadows, and yellow highlights.

Can you do something like that in Vue (minus its fancy packages) so you have colored shadows without having to heavily Photoshop the image? Is it possible to fine-tune the lighting so you have those colored shadows?

Thanks in Advance! :D
~GothTropic411

nPellegrino
08-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I would suggest downloading pioneer or a ple and seeing what you can do with it. You can easily change the highlight color, can't remember about the shadows off the top of my head, I'm not at my desk at the moment. I'll see if I get a chance a little later, the features are rather broken up between versions and I normally use xstream, so I'll have to check.

Tangster
08-28-2009, 03:30 PM
You should be able too, but if you go the pioneer route you'll need this plugin.
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_complete/?page=lighttune

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2009, 03:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.