PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions

Grinzes
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Hello everybody,

Over the course of the summer I have been trying to figure out what to do after college with my American Studies degree. I want to screenwrite/storyboard/story design for computer animation. The problem is that I'm at a liberal arts school on the east coast in CT that offers one animation course (which I am taking next year) and have found very little advice about how to proceed from here. I am working on things on my own but feel that I need guidance. For instance, I don't even know if I can start out doing storyboarding? Or if I will need further education after I receive my undergrad degree? Are people with liberal arts educations able to enter the animation industry? How should I put together a portfolio of scripts and boards? I'm receiving very little help from the hordes of administrators and teachers that I have talked to. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice anyone could give.

Thanks,
Joel

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.