PDA

View Full Version : what happened to gnomonology?

comfortk
08-26-2009, 10:30 PM
It's been a while since they've updated their site with any tutorials/blog posts. Does anyone know if they are still working on this site or what?
I for one was excited at the prospect of buying cheap tutorials that cut to the chase, buying $70 DVDs just gets too expensive.

PhilipeaNguyen
08-26-2009, 10:37 PM
It seems like they have a lot of material up there now already, I thought. Maybe the DVDs are selling pretty well and they want to wait for the sales to slow down to put more of that work on the Gnomonolgy site for the cheaper rates?

comfortk
08-27-2009, 12:50 AM
They do have a bunch of stuff up there already, but when the site first started (and even now) they say that they want to pump out at least 1 tutorial a week. Their last tutorial/video was 3 months ago. I'm not so much as complaining as I am being curious... even thegnomonworkshop.com site hasn't produced a DVD in a while. The 2 UV DVDs they planned to launch 2 months ago has been pushed back to Aug 26th (today). It'll probably be pushed back again after tonight.

Just wondering what's happening with them, that's all

ambient-whisper
08-27-2009, 01:33 AM
whats wrong with the stuff they already have?

its actually up to the artist to get stuff done within a certain timeframe. maybe they had to make a few changes to a few dvds? sometimes work gets in the way and a dvd needs to be pushed back. you never know with these types of things.

the last few they released were really bloody good so i see no point in complaining. i'd rather have 3 great dvds every 6 months than 20 half assed ones.

Fess1001
08-27-2009, 03:11 AM
.... The 2 UV DVDs they planned to launch 2 months ago has been pushed back to Aug 26th (today). It'll probably be pushed back again after tonight.
l

They are on their site right now.

xtrm3d
08-27-2009, 04:44 AM
i plan to upload my next video in the next couples of weeks,
as i am slowly coming out of crunch :-)

frogspasm
08-27-2009, 05:23 AM
i plan to upload my next video in the next couples of weeks,
as i am slowly coming out of crunch :-)

Hooray for that!

JCAddy
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
whats wrong with the stuff they already have?

its actually up to the artist to get stuff done within a certain timeframe. maybe they had to make a few changes to a few dvds? sometimes work gets in the way and a dvd needs to be pushed back. you never know with these types of things.

the last few they released were really bloody good so i see no point in complaining. i'd rather have 3 great dvds every 6 months than 20 half assed ones.

Quoted for agreement.

@poster - ....and really, 70 bucks is too much for a training DVD that contains 8 hours of training time on it, but you'd pay 40 grand to get a certificate in a school somewhere?

Per-Anders
08-27-2009, 07:23 PM
What's this got to do with news?

comfortk
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Quoted for agreement.

@poster - ....and really, 70 bucks is too much for a training DVD that contains 8 hours of training time on it, but you'd pay 40 grand to get a certificate in a school somewhere?

More like 160 grand! And I view that as the worst mistake of my life.

Just to clear things up, I wasn't complaining at all about gnomonology. I just wanted to know if they were still planning on updating it or not (it's part of my daily routine to check it). I love the stuff on there and I think that what they are doing is great!

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.