PDA

View Full Version : Jurrasic Park 4 to begin shooting this year

Array
08-05-2003, 09:34 PM
http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/article.php?news_id=3164

Looks like Stan Winston Studios got the job.

Neil
08-05-2003, 10:09 PM
hope this is a hoax.

Dead link, btw.

quinox
08-05-2003, 10:15 PM
link works fine

EDIT: If not, try google cache (http://www.google.nl/search?q=cache:http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/article.php?news_id=3164)

Signal2Noise
08-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Did anyone bother seeing Jurassic 2 (was there even a 3?)? I never did see the sequels...:shrug: As far as I'm concerned there is only 1 Jurassic movie.;)

Link works. Methinks this is just Tourism Hawaii's easy way of generating revenue...

roger
08-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I like ALL 3 of the Jurrasic Park films! :)
I also think it would be great to work at ILM on one of those films.......as long as they were building NEW dino's for it. :thumbsup:

Thalaxis
08-05-2003, 10:28 PM
:shrug:

rich novak
08-05-2003, 10:55 PM
jp3 kicked ass. it was the only one of the three where there was any real violence between dinosaurs.

jp1 and jp2 were better than average movies. jp1 rules. neither stayed particularly true to the book (specially 2).

jp4 might be pretty cool. hope it's a little more violent.

vfx
08-05-2003, 11:35 PM
I heard that there were rumours that Kiera Knightley is to play the young girl from the first film. Personally this would be a dream job for me!!

Signal2Noise
08-05-2003, 11:44 PM
On second thought, if these Kiera rumors turn out to be true, I'll definitely be into seeing #4. Best be renting 2 & 3 to get caught up then!:drool: :eek: :thumbsup:

Seven
08-05-2003, 11:53 PM
Jurassic Park one was an absolute masterpiece... one of the best films ever made.

Jurassic Park 2 was ok I suppose but JP3 was a disgrace, poor plot, just terrible. It was made purely to cash in, milk the franchise. It was made for the idiot joe public because they wanted another dinosaur movie to watch eating popcorn.

They should have never made a sequal to JP1.

I agree with Signal to Noise - I'm concerned there is only 1 Jurassic movie.

Even if Mr Spieldberg is producing, I dont see how this can be any more than another cash in just to make more money out of one of the greatest films ever made.

Hollywood needs a kick up the arse, all they can produce at the moment are crap.. effects ridden, no storyline garbage that should never be made. The Hulk, Terminator 3 (oh dont get me started on how terrible that film is).. I could go on.

Terrible just flippin terrible. Let this franchise stop before they really ruin everything.

Sevv

erilaz
08-06-2003, 02:38 AM
I got kinda bored by Jurassic Park 2... it was a bit too Godzilla. I never saw 3, but apparently the effects were intense. I'd have to be pretty well coerced to see a fourth.

But as they always say, the proof's in the pudding. Mmmmm.... pudding.:)

googlo
08-06-2003, 02:52 AM
I didn't go to see Jurassic Park 3 after I went to see 2.

2 was ok but the story just felt like it was filler so they could make another CG dinosaur movie. It reminded me of the movie 'Baby', except 'Baby' was original :), at least I think, I was only a little kid then. I just got the feeling that J2 was done just to be done becuase people would go to see it because of J1. After J2 I got that feeling even more about J3.

I have no interest to see J3. What? More about people running from dinosaurs?

bleh :)

DoLeeP
08-06-2003, 02:52 AM
I don't agree with Seven I think JP3 was graet and it also has Alote of good action but the story is too much too take yaaakkkkk
but the raptors wowwwwwwwwww

eliseu gouveia
08-06-2003, 04:05 AM
The problem with Jurassic Park is that instead of focusing on the giant reptiles like T-Res and such, they try to market the raptors as the ultimate be-all end-all of dino evolution.
Prob of course being that... well, I īm sorry but a raptor just isnīt scary.

Anyway you pick them, they always look like very big and very ugly...............chicken.:cool:

malducin
08-06-2003, 06:20 AM
I think Kiera in an interview already mentioned she was being considered for one of 2 roles.

As faras the raptors I think it's appropiate. I find it's more terrifying to have a cunning and inteligent attacker than a mindless killing machine.

Agent D
08-06-2003, 07:38 AM
Jurassic Park 1 was great, Jurassic Park 2 was pretty good. Jurassic Park 3... was not good. I don't even remember the plot actually. Meh.

As for the T-Rex vs Deinonychus (Those were NOT Velociraptors, despite what they called them) I personally find near-human sized intelligent creatures much more scary than giant killing machines, with the exception of underwater animals. I'd rather get stepped on than have a medium sized creature leap from behind a corner and rip my intestines out. ;)

Besides, it's probable that the T-Rex was in fact a scavenger, but lets not get into that here.

FabioMSilva
08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
hope jp4 is at least half the movie JP1 was. Cuz that one was one of the greatest movies in the history of Great movies.

anyway, if they do a decent plot this should be interasting.

vfx
08-06-2003, 01:17 PM
Personally jp1 stepped into new grounds, and for that I love it, jp2 was crap full stop! JP3 was back to the jungles and had some excellent scenes like the 2 dino fight. The more I watch jp1 the more I can't believe how much audiences bought it, I mean for example the scene where the trex bursts through the wire fencing, he is at the same ground level as the cars, and so are the trees plus the goat, yet when the trex pushes the car over, hang on its a major drop and the trees are now way down at the bottom!!!! How did we ever not realise this! And more importantly, how did the film team allow such a huge hole in the making, surely they didn't just go - ohhh well they'll never notice. Shocking stuff, and bad filmmaking - whats the point in putting so much effort into animatronic dinos when simple things like story development aren't cared for?

Gentle Fury
08-06-2003, 02:12 PM
talk about kicking a good idea to death!!

please wont they just let this franchise be extinct and rest in peace?????

mattregnier
08-06-2003, 04:00 PM
I would love to have the storyline of JP1 with the action of JP3. I, like everyone else, think the first JP was amazing, but due to the fact that I read the novel before viewing it in the theater, I was majorly disappointed with the plot/storyline.

!book spoilers below!

>>>>>>>>>>>JP1 book SPOILER<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
For those of you that read the book, you know that almost everyone dies in it. The pinnacle scene is at the end when they go to look into the raptor's den. The closest thing in the movies that gave me that suspense was in JP3 inside the communications center.

That's what JP series IMO was all about more dinos, smarter dinos, and suspense...

aurora
08-06-2003, 04:16 PM
Thats weird I read someplace just 2 weeks ago that they were just getting started on a story for JP4 and that it would not take place in an island/jungle type environment. How would Hawii not fit into that category? I hope this is related to that same group because they promised that the story would come first and then the action/effects. They also stated that if they did produce JP4 that they would most likely use pure CG dinos and no more autoerotica - err animatronics (sorry coulden't resist)

I have to throw in my opion on 2 and 3. For me I could seriously do without 2 but I truely enjoyed 3. I have spent many years studying and dealing with avian dinos both feathered and non-feathered and loved the addition of the avians to 3 to say nothing of the war between the Spino and T-Rex. Although I thought the story was very bland and even boring. Kid lost, kidnap scientist, were all gonna die, opps here come the marines. Damn they had better actually have a story for 4 or it could well be the worst movie ever made.

Agent D
08-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Other than the lack of plot (and acting in some cases) in JP3, one of the things that bothered me was the avian creatures of which the species name escapes me. I'll just call them pteranodons and hope that's what they were.

If you look at the tense scene where the pteranodons turn to look at the humans, they turn so that the front of their head is facing the humans, in which case they would be blind, due to the position of their eyes (which are situated similar to birds, I believe). They should be turning their head sideways instead. It wasn't major, and I may definitely be wrong, but it just seemed off.

Joril
08-07-2003, 01:11 AM
JP2 wasn't that bad, but I'm no JP3 fan either. And I was very dissapointed when I saw it.
I thought having Sam Neil in it would lift level of the movie. But the story was just so... :shrug: :thumbsdow
The raptors were OVER-intelligent, it was just so unrealistic. What did you think of the raptor snapping the neck of the "lure" VanDamme style.... :rolleyes:
Of course the CG dinos were very well done, but that doesn't make for a good movie, we all know that.

TheGreenGiant
08-07-2003, 06:35 AM
I don't about you guys but the 3rd JP was a joke. I don't know who decided to implement the sqwuaking raptors but they went from silent and deadly to annoying squeaky things. I sat there bored and annoyed to death

asparapani
08-07-2003, 01:06 PM
GREAT! Just what the world needs! Another F****** dino movie!:thumbsdow

aurora
08-07-2003, 03:17 PM
Agent D you are completely right but all 3 JP's are so intensley riddled with such errors - err liberties, that you just have to overlook them and try and enjoy the fun.

Nemoid
08-07-2003, 06:27 PM
I like ONLY Jurassic Park first movie.

and actually not the whole movie itself.
It had to be more scaring.

gnarlycranium
08-07-2003, 10:34 PM
Oh for Pete's sake.....

2 and 3 turned Jurassic Park into a joke. Why have the directors who were once good suddenly gotten so full of themselves that they just start to pull crap like 'oh! I know! the dinosaurs HAVE to have a fight! Yeah!!' and 'oh! I know!! I'm going to put a Godzilla parody scene in here just because I can and I have to do it now because I won't be directing the next one! Screw the plot in the book, that T-Rex is goin downtown!!!'

....Honestly, people..... what's so wrong about sticking with the plots that were in the books?? I wish they'd just let the damn thing DIE already.

victor throe
08-08-2003, 09:09 AM
i made the mistake of reading the book after watching the first film and before watching the second

they should have just made the book and split it into 2 films and left it at that

Zastrozzi
08-08-2003, 09:33 AM
two rules for everyone to remember
#1 books are better then the movie counter part and #2 a movie is always better than its sequal

aenema
08-08-2003, 09:37 AM
I loved JP1, JP2 was cool, JP3 was a major let down as far as plot, but the action was good. I'm glad to see Spielberg is back on this one

Cod
08-08-2003, 10:05 AM
They never should have made a sequel to the original Jurassic Park.

BeeVee
08-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Zastrozzi
two rules for everyone to remember
#1 books are better then the movie counter part and #2 a movie is always better than its sequal

Not always true. Okay, very nearly always true and your opinion might vary from mine, but:

Aliens
Godfather 2
Terminator 2

:)

B

victor throe
08-08-2003, 12:50 PM
aliens was a bag of poop compared to alien3

jedi....now thats a sequel.....the best

im guessing that jeepers creepers2 cannot be worse than the original

predator2 was better

every which way you can

smokey and the bandit2

back to the furture 3

all better

im nearly thinking mib2 is better...im not sure yet

gnarlycranium
08-08-2003, 02:01 PM
MIB2, better? Are you mental?? :eek:

I personally can't really think of any sequels that were better than the ones that came before... except perhaps Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope... but it's hard to compare those much, since Star Wars is, well, Star Wars.

At any rate, if they make another Jurassic Park movie they'll have to yoink the entire plot out of thin air, they've wandered so far from the books there's not even any point pretending they're related anymore.

victor throe
08-08-2003, 02:38 PM
i still think they could make a wicked jaws sequel

it is emerging that sharks are getting more capable of swimming in fresh waters

imagine jaws in white water rafting scenario

copyright me, here and now

BeeVee
08-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Jaws has already had some (pretty poor) sequels. The worst is Jaws 3 in 3D, which has lots of lingering shots of things like bullrushes poking out of the screen. Of course, it's a complete waste of time since the only time the 3D element was in there was in the cinema - the TV version, and presumably the VHS and DVD versions lost it completely...

B

Boone
08-08-2003, 08:40 PM
All three Jurassic Park movies where great - though I have to say that JPIII was the only one to quit boring us to death and cut to the action within 20 minutes!

The Spinosaurus was the best dino out of the whole series - congratulations to Stan Winston & ILM!

I believe too, that JPIII was to simply cash-in again, but the film turned out to be a huge success. Had a good-enough story-line - excellent pacing of action. Oh and did I mention the Spinosaurus?

I personally can't see how they can make a JP4, but if its as good as JPIII, then it'll be worth while.

BTW - I reckon JP4 will revolve around why the Spinosaurus was lurking around on Isla Sourna...

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.