PDA

View Full Version : UNFOLD3D version 6.5 is available from now on !

Unfoldnews
08-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Watch new demo movies at www.unfold3d.com (http://www.unfold3d.com/) !

New Stamper/Cropper features

Allowing you to export optimized version of the UV layout without wasting space.

Helping you in creating cropped/zoomed versions of some parts/islands of your mesh to easily make hires texturing for them.

Smart symmetry handling features

See automatic selection of symmetric edges and automatic symmetrical unfolding.
And see how UNFOLD3D editing features now also work by taking care of symmetry.
Choose, or change for, UNFOLD3D version 6.5, the best unwrapping software of all times, already in use in most of major studios !

IslandDreamer
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
What version of Unfold3D is included in Softimage 2010?

hanskloss
08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Kind of embarrassing that it doesn't come with a plugin for Maya. Way too expensive for what it does. I'll stick with UV Layout, thank you very much.

EternalArt
08-26-2009, 11:39 PM
is this this update will be included in softimage 2010 ?? anyone can shade some light ??

R10k
08-27-2009, 04:22 AM
Way too expensive for what it does. I'll stick with UV Layout, thank you very much.

UVLayout isn't exactly cheap either, but.. still, I love it :) Anyhow, it would be interesting to know if this is updated in SI2010.

mr-doOo
08-27-2009, 07:55 AM
unfold 3d is not fully intergrated in Softimage and isn't feature updated in 2010
Actually you will not have all the interactive tools that are in the standalone and none of the new features. You can call it a very basic integration.

AJ
08-27-2009, 08:24 AM
UVLayout isn't exactly cheap either.True, but you can buy 3 licenses of UVLayout & still have change left over compared to the cost of one network seat of Unfold 3D.

For that price I would expect it to automatically unfold models before I'd even created them.

DDS
08-27-2009, 08:55 AM
True, but you can buy 3 licenses of UVLayout & still have change left over compared to the cost of one network seat of Unfold 3D.

For that price I would expect it to automatically unfold models before I'd even created them.

This price is totally outrageous for something that doesn't really take that much time, even with the classic Pelt+Relax you can get away with most UVs pretty fast!

R10k
08-27-2009, 03:13 PM
This price is totally outrageous for something that doesn't really take that much time, even with the classic Pelt+Relax you can get away with most UVs pretty fast!

I guess that depends on your skill level ;)

ediris
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
Welcome to the new 3d world. I dont seem to understand 3d companies anymore. I guess we as freelancers going to charge more for our work at least twice since i am not learning Blender but if you are gonna get work faster with the software is worth the risk.
Good luck.
Edgard

CGTalk Moderation
09-02-2009, 07:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.