PDA

View Full Version : September: Topic Discussion

Splinter
08-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Hello to everyone,

It is August 23, 2009 and time to start thinking about possible non-audio topics for the month of September. I have seen a few new faces and hope to see many more. If you are new to the animation mini challenge, I would like to welcome you and encourage anyone, no matter what your experience may be, to join in.

We have been talking about starting the "Queen of the Rocketmen" really soon. For those of you who haven't heard of QOTR this is a cross forum challenge. QOTR will take place between the HCM forum, Rigging forum, our Animation forum, and the FXWars forum. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I get word.

As for right now I hope everyone still has their creative juices flowing. Now is the time to express your opinion for next month’s Non-Audio topic. I invite everyone to participate in the discussion.

Remember to share in a timely fashion because time is a ticking and the month of September is coming around the corner.

In order to grasp and maintain the interest of all the animators out there, this thread is here so that all of our needs, wants, and toughest obstacles show up in the monthly challenge. There needs to be rules in order to keep things fair and in the best interests of the challenge, which is to have FUN and learn from our experiences and peers.

1. Deadlines are final; anything posted after the set deadlines are void.
2. This thread is meant for suggestion and suggestions only
3. Voting will take place on August 29, 2009, on a completely new thread.
4. Suggestion will no longer be taken after August 28th, at midnight.
5. No inappropriate topics, we have to follow the rules set forth by “cgtalk.com”

thatonejondude
08-24-2009, 03:39 AM
So what Exactly is that Queen of the Rocketmen I've been hearing about. I'm lost, is there a thread somewhere that explains it?

rworsl
08-24-2009, 02:27 PM
maybe something like a birthday surprise, or somebody preparing to go on a date?

Possibly even someone going through a bathroom activity!

OeMq
08-25-2009, 04:48 AM
I would like to see something like skateboarding, snowboarding, ice skating, parkour, Roller blades, Olympic gymnastics event... really anything with fluid gratuitous movements. No need for a story, but one can easily be worked in if the creator desires.....

if you want to go the story route, and we need an emotion to drive the actions, we could always do the Old School Dollar Bill pick-up exercise many traditional animators had to do back in the day. Character is walking w/ any attitude.. Sees a dollar on the ground... Goes through a emotional reaction (happy, sneaky, etc), then picks it up in a creative way and exits.

those are my nominations.
Hope to see ya'll in the contest :)

thatonejondude
08-25-2009, 05:06 AM
wow I like that dollar bill idea! You could do so much with that idea!! Good idea Oemq!

MikeCR
08-25-2009, 07:04 AM
yea i like the dollar bill idea as well, could be really interesting. my suggestion this month is a humanoid character impersonating an animal.

DeWeD
08-25-2009, 03:58 PM
How about playing with two interacting characters?
Totally out of my own league but it would be fun to see the result.

Like a rugby tackle or just shaking hands (more in my league).

I also like the dollar bill idea though.

DeW

Splinter
08-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Thatonejondude - sorry I misses your post, but if you look over in the questions thread you should be able to get a good idea of QOTR with the 15th post in the thread by Roberto.

Ashi1tripleh
09-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanx Splinter......to select d such a great topic..

pixi-ugur
09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
I would like to see something like skateboarding, snowboarding, ice skating, parkour, Roller blades, Olympic gymnastics event... really anything with fluid gratuitous movements. No need for a story, but one can easily be worked in if the creator desires.....

if you want to go the story route, and we need an emotion to drive the actions, we could always do the Old School Dollar Bill pick-up exercise many traditional animators had to do back in the day. Character is walking w/ any attitude.. Sees a dollar on the ground... Goes through a emotional reaction (happy, sneaky, etc), then picks it up in a creative way and exits.

those are my nominations.
Hope to see ya'll in the contest :)

+1 I agree with OeMq.

pixi-ugur
09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
If there could be any stage model that everybody could animate skateboarding figures in certain amount of time ;) We could try different combos and i think this can be a non-audio body mechanics entry.

ivanlancaster
09-30-2009, 01:55 AM
any plans for an october challenge? :drool:

Splinter
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Sorry I haven't posted anything but I have already got something planned for next month. I will post all the information on the 1st.

CGTalk Moderation
09-30-2009, 02:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.