PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3ds max MR Sky Haze Map

james120479
08-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Can anyone help with the lighting when using a MR daylight system with a SKy bitmap used in the haze slot? I have a scene set up with the lighting/exposure looking the way i want it to but i'm having real trouble getting the sky to look correct. It's appearing really dark and grey. I have had to use a grey scale version of a blue cloudy sky with the contrast whacked right up in photoshop in order to have the clouds visible. I've upped the output to 10 - if i go any higher the map starts to turn yellow. The only way i can get the sky to look bright is to increase the multiplier of the sun to 3.0 but i've read somewhere that i shouldn't have to do this and i should be able to increase the physical scale to around 80,000 to get the sky to be clearly visible, however this makes no difference on my setup.

With the multiplier set to 3.0 some areas look way too bright, if i set it back to 1.0 the lighting on my max scene looks perfectly lit for a bright day but the sky is really dull.

Does anyone kow why this may be or how i might be able to correct it?

Thanks
James

MikeBracken
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
I would use the background switcher and just use a regular pic of sky/clouds.

Regards,
Mike

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2009, 03:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.