PDA

View Full Version : Please help with a plastic water bottle shader.

RossRoss
08-21-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm trying to make a shader for a plastic water bottle and so far it is not looking good.
I'm rendering with Mental ray and using mia_material_x.
I started with the shine plastic preset and tried to make it transparent then tried the glasses presets and tried to make them look plastic but so far the result is not very good. The bottle is in a scene with an IBL lighting and it looks good when is is just a shiny plastic or glass but it doesn't look like a plastic water bottle. I tried different combination of reflectivity, transparency, and BRDF settings but still can't make it.
Any ideas what these settings should be for a plastic water bottle. I tried to search with these terms but didn't manage to find something helpful.
I will greatly appreciate your help.
and If you want me to upload the scene, please let me know and I will.

cbamber85
08-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Uploading a picture of what you've got so far would be a better idea.

RossRoss
08-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply, don't bother though, I managed to come with some decent result after tweak render, tweak render multiple times.
Have a nice day:)

leif3d
08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
It would be nice if you could post some results to help other people that may have the same questions in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
08-23-2009, 04:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.