PDA

View Full Version : Which look better?

BgDM
05-13-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey!

First off. I big thanks to Leigh for the workshops:buttrock: Best info I have seen ever.

OK. Now on to my problem. I have a WIP of a robot type cop/assasin/thing. I have a couple of colour schemes that I have tested. I am not sure which one to go with, (i.e. look better). Here is the link to the WIP and to the two sets of colours that I have in mind.

http://bgdm0.tripod.com/page18.html

All colouring done in Photoshop 6. I am using Blender 2.23 for the modeling and rendering, (for now anyway - damn scanline render :thumbsdow )

Anyway. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

BgDM

PS_ I know the black colour schemes doesn't really show that well on the black background. Sorry :shrug: And yes I know, get the f@#$ing model done before you texture. Yes Leigh, I know, I know...

leigh
05-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Hmmm I'd say I prefer the black one. :thumbsup:
The blue/purple one looks a bit toylike.
One thing I must say is that you should avoid using coloured lighting while texturing - now I know you want it to look cool as soon as possible, but hold on! One step at a time ;)
When texturing, just use white lighting, that way you can judge your colours better...
But I'd say go with the black one :buttrock:
Btw glad you liked the workshops :p

BgDM
05-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the info on the lighting Leigh:thumbsup: Much appreciated. I'm still somewhat of a newbie, so this definitely helps.

I'm gonna trash the blue one. Just doesn't do it justice.

Thanks again!

BgDM

Theta
05-14-2002, 09:20 PM
I like the black one :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.