PDA

View Full Version : Animation Reel feedback plz!!

Ocinneide
08-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Hey everyone, this is my animation reel as it stands right now I am trying to get a games animation reel together, desperately need feedback on what to keep and what to throw out and improve on. Thanks for all your help

Here's the link : www.jkviewport.com (http://www.jkviewport.com)

Neon67
08-19-2009, 08:14 PM
hi man

I think your reel is too long , you should focus only on the best you have to show , specially delete some scene of the journalist

EricDLegare
08-19-2009, 09:33 PM
hi man

I think your reel is too long , you should focus only on the best you have to show , specially delete some scene of the journalist

and the quadruped shots...

... and add some proper contact info on the reel ...

Neon67
08-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Also try to make a mix, dont show project after project what you have done , when watching a demoreel we wanna see the most information in the first secound to evaluate the level

exemple , scene 1 the guy running , scene 2 the guepard , scene 3 the man jumping etc

Ocinneide
08-20-2009, 09:16 AM
thanks for the reply guys, I'll add some proper contact info and dice it up a bit make it more interesting. Think I'll put the guy in the suit on a different 'animations' page of my website so the reel isn't so long. Animation wise how am I doin? do I need to work on something? any clips need to be replaced?

Iotrez
08-20-2009, 03:06 PM
I'd try and be brutal and shorten it, just showing your absolute best stuff...maybe cut out a bit of the stuff with the guy in the suit.

Ocinneide
08-24-2009, 03:46 PM
ok so... I've made some changes to shorten it and make it more snappy. But what I'm actually after is some feedback on the animation itself. any takers??? :)

www.jkviewport.com (http://www.jkviewport.com)

KyleG
08-24-2009, 06:23 PM
Overall there isn't much overlap in any of your animations. Everything has very similar timing and is hitting on the same frame. Try offsetting keys so things aren't starting and stopping on the exact same frame and play with timing to make things more interesting and not as linear. The cheetah walk is also feeling weird - the legs are all starting and stopping on the same frame - they should be offset more - I would do some research on how cats walk. Is there a reason all the controllers are visible on the last piece? Makes it very distracting. Hope this helps

Ocinneide
08-25-2009, 11:36 AM
Thanks Kyle, I've taken the control objects off the end sequence, I really like your work found the references on your site very useful too. I'm gonna go through the lot and see if I can get some exxageration and follow through into it. Really appreciate the fresh eyes everyone thanks a million for your comments.

Neon67
08-26-2009, 12:19 PM
hey nice improvement on the demo reel , looks already more attractive

by the way what is the name of the song?

Ocinneide
08-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Neon, the name of the song is f***in in the bushes, (I'm sure you can decipher the title) I got it off the Snatch soundtrack. I'm unbelievably sick of it by now, as you can imagine

Neon67
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
yeah i'm getting crazy about this song too ^^

CGTalk Moderation
08-26-2009, 01:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.