PDA

View Full Version : Rendertree node weirdness

xsitar
08-19-2009, 02:13 PM
Hey anybody else with this issue? When adding a new image/ texture the newly created image node jumps off way off-screen in the rendertree window. I always have to pan way over to bring the node back to the group of the other nodes.
It's really wasting my time so often.

Anybody else experiencing this? Why is it happening and how can i fix it?

Ohmanoggin
08-19-2009, 02:22 PM
I have never seen this, but you might try to rearrange the tree back to a default layout.
1. Hit recycle icon on the Render Tree Window.
2. Then hit Tools / Rearrange or <Cntl + R>.

If the far off nodes don't come back and are not needed you could select "User Tools / delete unconnected nodes" on the render tree window.

Hope this helps,
Ohmanoggin

mocaw
08-19-2009, 03:56 PM
I've been putting up with this for a while...I think I should let support know about it. I load a image and it puts it to the far right of the tree past the material! Really annoying.

oktawu
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
happens to me all the time too.

xsitar
08-19-2009, 05:47 PM
It seems to me that all the weird stuff I'm experiencing in Softimage lately started right after the Autodesk acquisition. ;)

mocaw
08-19-2009, 07:10 PM
To be fair I think the code base for much of 7 was developed pre-AD. So, while I'd love to blame it on AD, I think its not their fault in anyway that I can see.

xsitar
08-19-2009, 07:21 PM
To be fair I think the code base for much of 7 was developed pre-AD. So, while I'd love to blame it on AD, I think its not their fault in anyway that I can see.

I was just kidding

SFDD
08-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Happens to me too, but to be honest, it's such a minor issue in the grand scheme of all the problems I've been having with 7.5, that I didn't even bother to report it to Support. (And perhaps we can't even blame this one on mental ray!)

mocaw
08-20-2009, 03:51 AM
It becomes more annoying though as your tree grows and your image nodes are further from the materials node. Throw in clients/directors changing their mind as to what the final texture is and it starts to be a real pain.

Not the worst thing in the world...but part of the reason I love SI is the fact that little things like this are and should be un-common as they could potentially snow ball into a package with a lot of caveats. I doubt it would get that far...but why not take care of it eh?

luceric
08-20-2009, 04:07 AM
if you have 7.x , instead of using the menu you can open the preset manager (with the "<=" button the toolbar) and drag&drop the image node exactly where you want it. or drag and drop the image clip from the material manager

mocaw
08-20-2009, 06:50 PM
OK, maybe I can learn a new work flow for now...still it would be nice for it to get fixed at some point. I can't imagine it's the hardest thing to fix...but then again what do I know about software development? Nada.

Letterbox
08-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Yes, this happens to me far too often, I nearly am always doing render tree work, and I find it a real irritation, and i do prefer menu selection, after a while you 'know' where things are, but this bug really wastes time and constantly reminds you of its presence... I hope and pray its fixed in 2010.

Cheers
Terry

mocaw
08-22-2009, 06:25 PM
Yes, this happens to me far too often, I nearly am always doing render tree work, and I find it a real irritation, and i do prefer menu selection, after a while you 'know' where things are, but this bug really wastes time and constantly reminds you of its presence... I hope and pray its fixed in 2010.

Cheers
Terry

AFAIK they didn't even know about it until this thread popped up! You should contact them directly- not sure it's going to be fixed in 2010, maybe a point release?

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2009, 06:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.