PDA

View Full Version : Character Modelers - Build up Your Portfolio

Qwertyjuice
08-19-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi, this post is a callout for help on my new short film project.

I'm looking for a bunch of really talented character modelers who can model 1 or 2 of the 14 characters I need for the film. The blueprints will be drawn by a character designer and you will model and map the UVs for the character. The models must be built for animation and there may be some facial shapes needed for future blendshapes.

This work has no financial compensation, but the finished animated project will be sent to festivals globally and you will be credited for your work.

For more information, or even if you're just a tiny bit curious, contact me here or via PM. I'm really looking forward to working with some very talented people!

Hope to hear from you soon!
-Jess

weatherlytan
08-31-2009, 04:01 PM
hello (:, is the project still seeking people? if yes, I would like to help out if possible, thank you (:

Qwertyjuice
09-01-2009, 07:51 AM
Hi weatherlytan!!

Yes, I'm still looking for a good modeler or 2. Please mail me a link to see some of your work at hick@qwertyjuice.com and I'll get back to you with more details as soon as possible!
Looking forward to hearing from you!

Jess

pYcHan
10-01-2009, 10:55 AM
is this project still active?

Qwertyjuice
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Yes it is! Please send me a link to your work at hick@qwertyjuice.com (http://forums.cgsociety.org/hick@qwertyjuice.com)

Thanks

J.

MrJuzah
11-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Hey Qwerty;

I am interested, i am still relatively new to Maya, having only started last march. Though i have spent a huge sum of hours experimenting and building models. Im still very touch and go with rigging/animating as its what im trying to improve on currently, But modeling im sure i am upto the required level and can produce what you want granted your able to provide the model sheets. Are you able to post 1-2 concept sheets on here as examples so myself and others can see what it is you want exactly?

Qwertyjuice
12-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Hi MrJuzah, Thank you for your interest in our project. I'm very happy to see that even as a beginning you're seeking to help out in the community and collaborate on projects. It's a great way to learn more.

Unfortunately, we have already finished modeling all the characters that we need for this film and are not looking for new character modelers at this time.

If you're still interested in seeing how the project continues to develop, please visit our site at hick-film.blogspot.com and for any other information you can mail me at hick@qwertyjuice.com

I wish you all the best of luck with your continued learning.
Kind regards,
Jess

MrJuzah
12-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Damnit! Thats a shame :P

Yeah ill be following its progress, maybe next time ill be able to little bits and bobs!!

MrJuzah
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Damnit! Thats a shame :P

Yeah ill be following its progress, maybe next time ill be able to little bits and bobs!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.