PDA

View Full Version : Maya Toolsreel 2009

AlexOddbratt
08-19-2009, 12:53 AM
I just finished my new toolsreel that shows of some of the different tools & plugins
i've created during the last year or so, and I would love some feedback.

The reel can be seen on my webpage.
www.alexoddbratt.com (http://www.alexoddbratt.com/)

Cageman
08-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Great work Alex! Good to see that you finaly made a showreel! :thumbsup:

As a workmate for almost three years, I have seen Alex's skills grow enormously during his work here at Massive Cinematics. A very, very valuable asset for our Maya pipeline.

Some critique is in order though! :D

Many of the tools shown in the reel have very short screentime. It makes it hard to understand exactly what is going on and what the tool does. Even if I recoginze most of these tools and know what they do, I had a hard time understanding exactly what was shown. I think it is brilliant to have those textbased descriptions, but you really should work on showing off the capabilities of the tools little more; they do deserve to be shown off!!!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

SmoothWiz
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM
Awesome stuff there. Though I agree with cageman to a point I see why you've made the clips short.. there's simply too many tools to be shown in a reasonable amount of time.. So I think it's great that you do what you do and show small interesting clips, and if the person looking is interested, he/she can contact you or jump over to your homepage to get a better explanation.

1st class stuff man!
I really dig it!

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2009, 04:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.