PDA

View Full Version : Contour lines to 2009 Render pass

RaeTracer
08-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Does anyone have an idea about how to get the output of your contour lines onto a separate render pass, using the 2009 Passes system? (I'm not talking about making a new render layer.) I suspect it's connecting some kind of contour_store node to a writeToColorBuffer, but I haven't found the magic combination.

RaeTracer
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
In case anyone else is interested, I asked Autodesk about this issue and they told me that because the contour shader is called as a post-process, it can't be written out to a color buffer at the same time that the shaders are called. The workaround is to use a separate render layer with overrides on all the shaders to render only the contours.

I also discovered that if you go into the render camera and add an output pass with the contour_only output shader on it, and then add a new beauty pass and whatever else you want, it overwrites the MasterBeauty with the contour-only image, but leaves your proper color information on the other passes.

CGTalk Moderation
08-20-2009, 03:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.