PDA

View Full Version : Chicago's CG Film/Animation Industry

08-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Anyone know where I can find a good list of ACTIVE visual effects/CG companies in Chicago? Are there any VFX companies here that have actually worked on a mainstream film/TV show? What are the opportunities like for "Technical Director" type jobs (such developing tools/scripts/rigs that the artist use). Last time I checked was back in 2002 and I hardly found any.

Back then, it seemed like only the west coast had the opportunities that Iím looking for. Have any of you tried building your own studio aimed at creating visual effects for film or animation? Do you think film productions out west would accept VFX bids from Chicago?

peakyfreak80
08-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I've been wondering the same thing. You'd think with all the movies that film here that there would be a need for local VFX companies. It'd be great to get a list together of companies here.

peakyfreak

namchucks
08-26-2009, 04:23 AM
Here's a list I have...dunno if there's more, but this list here is pretty comprehensive.

http://www.creativedir.com/html/71.html

Taoizm
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
It looks like a lot of those companies are standard video production houses and not really post-effect companies, or don't exist at all anymore.

I think there are some agencies that do commercials and TV promo in the area, Digital Kitchen is one example, but I can't think of an active hollywood vfx houses in the area.

CGTalk Moderation
08-28-2009, 08:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.