PDA

View Full Version : CNN:Studio blames gamers for weak 'Tomb Raider' performance

RobertoOrtiz
08-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Quote:
"The only thing we can attribute that to is that the gamers were not happy with the latest version of the 'Tomb Raider' video game, which is our core audience," Paramount distribution president Wayne Lewellen said.

>>Link<< (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/07/30/film.tombraider.reut/index.html)

-R

Goon
08-04-2003, 06:59 PM
Oi! Ortiz, it is a rare thing that you are beaten to the post. This is a couple days old. Cant really find it at the moment, but its a few pages back. [edit] Hmm, well different article and different forum so all is forgiven:D Article (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20030728/media_nm/media_tombraider_dc_2 ) and the thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78433&highlight=tomb+raider)

But anyway that movie blew! I had a bit of rum in me, so that didnt make things clearer, but that was one of the worst ripoffs ive had the misfortune of seeing. An extremelly simple plot, stupid action, and Jolie didnt even look hot! Utterly lame. These execs should learn to take responsibility or at least effectively pass the buck to whoever f*(kd up so badly there.

Sil3
08-04-2003, 07:03 PM
After having the bad luck of watching the first movie, ill definatly wont be watching the new one.

psumo
08-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Whats with the blame game?

first it's blame it on 2d animation

then blame it on jlo's and ben affleck's relationship

now blame it on videogames?

How about blame it on making a crappy movie?

SaucyJack
08-04-2003, 08:02 PM
WARNING

***DO NOT PLAY THE GAME UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES***

:thumbsdow

RobertoOrtiz
08-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Sorry for the double post..
Ill call it the SIGGRAPH EFFECT.

Please feel free to delete the thread!
oops!

-R

MarkCurtis
08-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by psumo
Whats with the blame game?

first it's blame it on 2d animation

then blame it on jlo's and ben affleck's relationship

now blame it on videogames?

How about blame it on making a crappy movie?

Thats funny! Isnt there enough blame to go around for all those to work? If I have to pick one only then Jlo and Affleck will work.

Valkyrien
08-04-2003, 10:41 PM
heh that bit blaming Ben and Jen's relationship reminded me of something: a friend of mine told me about a review of Gigli in which the reviewer said "After watching Gigli, i went home and cleansed myself by watching Glitter":eek::surprised

Fasty
08-05-2003, 06:31 AM
How can these people in such high positions be so consitantly wrong in their assumptions??

googlo
08-06-2003, 03:00 AM
So what is the plot of TR2? Is it about breasts like the first one?

d4rk
08-06-2003, 03:16 AM
I still think the CG lara Croft was hotter, and more inteligent and independant than the small meloned screen version.

Goon
08-06-2003, 04:54 PM
The plot is really simple.
Opening scenes: find globe in underwater temple
globe taken by bad guys
Find guy who can find the people who took the globe.
Go to china. Get caught. Escape.
Find globe. Shoot way out of building.
Go to africa. Get captured and are forced to lead the way to Pandoras box. Kill bad guy and stop pandoras box from being opened.

hmm...that actually seems complicated compared to how incredibly simple the movie was.

heres another try
find globe
lose globe
find globe
go to africa
kill bad guy.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.