PDA

View Full Version : Questions on What to start with.

ThreeFiveTwo
08-18-2009, 03:58 AM
Hi,

I'm new to these forums as you can see by my post count =) and have a few questions for you all.

First of Iím a senior in high school and enjoy all mechanical/visual things.

- I've taken 3 years so far of a Drafting class that uses AutoCAD 2006-2009

And will attend my fourth year in a week.

- I'm interested in Architecture and plan to pursue.

- But there is also a very artistic vibe about me; since I was little (5-6 years old) I have

I have drawn. I have taken a few art courses here and there and won a few awards but

Nothing that I imagine in my mind...

What I need you guys for is to point me into the right direction of digital art (3/d,

concept). Iím not new to computer programs considering Iím fluent in 3-d auto cad with

Designing buildings and such.

I believe this branch will allow me to create and develop amazing buildings in my future jobs.

p.s. I know this is a weird post as I am finishing it and hope you guys/women can distinguish what I mean :D

KrzysztofFus
08-21-2009, 03:06 PM
Why not go to school to become an architect? I mean, you will do lots of Auto CAD and draw. If you want to design buildings go to school for architecture and then take a basic Maya or 3Ds Max course once you get your degree.

Paul McLaughlin
08-22-2009, 03:55 AM
I think you need to be certified to be an architect, so you pretty much need to go school specifically for it. You need to learn basic physics, the properties of structural materials, zoning restrictions, ground surveying, etc etc etc. It's a lot more intensive than rendering a cool exterior in a 3d program. Talk your guidance counselor about this stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2009, 03:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.