PDA

View Full Version : mr batch render only 1st frame renders

TomasWarren
08-18-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi there, when i do a batch render from mr with maya, it renders the 1st frame fine then the rest are all blank with nothing in the colour or alpha channel

I did a search for this topic and a few others have had similar problems, except in theirs mr would just stop rendering altogether after 1 frame...in my case it renders everything and takes the right amount of time but theres no content to the images after the first.

The problem is strange because it basically will render the first frame told (whether this be 1,2, etc) but none after. So if i batch render frames 1 and 2 it will do 1, if i do 2 and 3 it will do 2 but not 3.

Settings:
using maya 8.5 (i installed the service pack but havent uninstalled/reinstalled maya..is this necessary to sort out some problems?)
images= (myname).#.tiff
frames 1-2 (shot is a lot more but this is for test purposes)
by frame 1
frame padding 3

res: HD 1080

using pass custom alpha in mr settings as i have sss shader.
no GI, FG or MB

2 render passes, 1 master 1 lumDepth

Any help?

Cheers

cbamber85
08-18-2009, 07:15 PM
If you lose all the passes and just do a straight beauty pass, does it do the same?

Jens L
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
Just start testing things-

If you turn off the lumDepth, does it work? If no,
What about a basic scene with lambert1 only? Will that batch correctly in MR?
That same basic scene with your sss shader?
Some different file formats aside tiffs? Smaller resolutions?
What about importing references?
Or importing your render scene into a new blank scene?

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2009, 11:42 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.