PDA

View Full Version : Chev In Motion

Nigel
08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
So there we were, going about our business, when a brief arrived. Large bold letters read: “Chev in Motion” The first few paragraphs produced a nervous laugh or two, but after checking the cupboards for hidden cameras, we knew we weren’t getting Punk’d.

The team at Clockwork Visual Effects were tasked with creating a mini Chevrolet universe, a self contained playground for the adventure seeker, businessman, speed freak, or just plain Joe in all of us. Eighteen cars were to be showcased over 6 interconnected environments, in a 5 minute extravaganza of tyre destroying burnouts, physics defying drifts on sand, and general spirited driving that would leave you sleeping on the couch that evening.

Using the talents at our disposal, we set about building this miniverse, crafting a desert environment that connects to a hangar housing Chevrolet’s currnet lineup, which leads out to a playground where Chev’s small cars are put through their paces on a skid pan, who hand over to the offroad team, who do what offroaders do best, who give way to some sanity in the luxury section, where we calm things down a bit … but only for a bit … because last but not least is a high performance dual around our racetrack.

Five artists, five months, 30 days of rendering and nearly 100 shots later, our miniverse was complete.

Cant embed the video, so the best I can do is post a link:

http://vimeo.com/5799054

Thanks for looking :)

triggie
08-20-2009, 04:38 AM
wow not one comment....come on guys any crit will do : )

matbhnrt
08-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Great Work! I was thoroughly entertained.

martinf430
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Great work, loved the scene with the 4x4 the best. only thing i didnt like was the helicopter but if that was great we wouldnt look at the cars. what software did u use and id love to know how u achieved the 4x4 going through the puddle? it looked awesome!.

CGTalk Moderation
08-21-2009, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.