PDA

View Full Version : Game Head*

prototyp3
05-13-2002, 07:42 PM
I took the modeling art test issued by Blackbox Games (found in the Studios Hiring forum) and this is what I came up with.
http://www.prototyp3.com/bboxtalk.gif
The model didn't take long, so I went ahead and textured and tested the deformation of the mesh as well. It's 428 triangles, which includes the inner mouth and teeth. I spent an afternoon modeling, texturing and animating it.

The artifacts present on the teeth are due to gif compression.

spakman
05-14-2002, 09:43 AM
Hey, that's kinda wicked! You've got such expression capable in the lower face, and much implied by the textures on the eyes. I'd try actual geometry on the eyebrow area, and even something resembling the eyeball or iris to make the eyes dart about.

sorta personal guideline for me: real mouth, real eyes, fake mouth, fake - blah blah blah...

you seem to "get it" tho. nice silhouette, too, btw.

L8 d=^)

tpe
05-14-2002, 12:06 PM
Love him tend to agree about the eyes, but really nice character

tpe

The Magic Pen
05-14-2002, 05:15 PM
Good work !! , I would have put a little texture work on the teeth but other then that looks fine :)

Parasite7
05-14-2002, 06:57 PM
that is scary, but in a good way. looks really great. did i mention i am now getting nightmares from staring at him. is he saying im sooo sexxxxxxxxeeeeee. the last phonetic sounds like eee. say it in your head. ya im goin off on tangants a bit. good work

prototyp3
05-15-2002, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the comments guys.

Regarding the eyes, the model wasn't supposed to be animated; so I think the contours and model likeness were the main priority. I'll probably revisit the model and make the necessary changes to animate the eyes.

Rob3D31
05-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Hey man, did you hear anything from Blackbox?

paranoy2k
05-29-2002, 10:39 PM
Interesting Face model here!
Cool textures and expression! Great work!
I like it a lot!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.