PDA

View Full Version : Students studying Game art in UK in 2009?

Geomb
08-17-2009, 02:22 AM
I'm studying Game Art at Huddersfield university in 2009 and was interested to know if anyone from these forums were starting courses in the 2009 period?

I believe it'll be a good learning experience for me, I have used 3dsMax and assorted other graphics packages such as Photoshop for about 4 years but have never undertaken any formal training in the software. It'll also be good for building a portfolio and refining skills in texturing, rigging and animation.

danshewan
08-17-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm starting the B.A (Hons) 3D Games Art course at the University of Hertfordshire in September.

Good luck with your course, and welcome to CGTalk!

xpressionist
08-24-2009, 10:06 PM
Just finished that course this year. Very good environment and you will learn those techniques you mentioned, as well as help on making a good portfolio.
Good luck with the course come september.

moidphotos
08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks Allan, nice of you to say so :)

xpressionist
08-27-2009, 10:52 PM
lol, not a prob Martin, doing my bit to help promote the course/uni.
Redesigning my folio site, will send u a link soon for crits when I have more work up.

divengrabber
09-23-2009, 07:13 PM
r these reputed courses?

moidphotos
09-23-2009, 08:26 PM
I can't speak for Huddersfield as I have nothing to do with it, but our Hertfordshire 3D and Games Art courses have a good reputation. We have graduates working at the following games companies:
Sony-London Studio
Sony-Cambridge Studio
Crytek UK
Splash Damage
Kuju
Blitz Games
Frontier
Creative Assembly
Rare-Microsoft Games
as well as some smaller companies.

CGTalk Moderation
09-23-2009, 08:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.