PDA

View Full Version : Emit from Polygon/Vertice?

Sbowling
08-17-2009, 01:16 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to emit particles from the center of the polygons on an object. I know there was a video that showed this, but I think it's been lost in the Autodesk takeover. If anyone can post an ICE tree or give me a good explanation I would apreciate it.

Also, if anyone knows where the original ICE demo/tutorials from the Softimage site have gone, I would apreciate that too.

PiotrekM
08-17-2009, 05:47 AM
get data->mesh.polygonposition

as for old tutorials, I think redi-vivius is hosting them now

Sbowling
08-18-2009, 05:55 AM
If that had worked, I wouldn't be asking the question here. :) All that does is get the polygon position, but what I can't figure out is how to get it to emit particles from that position.

There was a tutorial that showed how to emit particles from the points of an object by basically creating your own emitter, but I can't seem to find it. I thought it was on Vimeo, but I went through all the videos in the softimage ICE group and can't seem to find it. If anyone remembers this, can you please point me to it.

PiotrekM
08-18-2009, 06:01 PM
You plug that data into e.g. Add Point node... emitting is just point adding to pointcloud ;)

Sbowling
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I found what I was looking for. I thought it was a video, but it's just a plain old fashioned HTML tutorial. :) http://withanar.blogspot.com/2009/03/introductionthe-supplied-factory.html

Has all the information I was looking for.

Thanks for the help.

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2009, 10:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.