PDA

View Full Version : What I did this weekend

Carm3D
08-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Hi..

I'm trying to rig a full character... My fishie. -in Messiah for the first time.

I got this far this weekend:

http://www.carm3d.net/images/CG_Avatar.GIF

I wanted to make him my avatar but at 40k it's too big.

I am using muscle bones to deform the face, not morph poses. I think they look so much better. But setting them up sure takes time.

I am new at this, but so far, getting the eyelids just right was a royal pain. I ended up picking the points for each bone in the model and moving them outside the model 1 or 2 meters. THen I added the bone, and move the bone back 1 or 2 meters to bring the points back into place. This way the bones didn't effect any points I didn't want them to. Not the funnest way to work. T'would be nice if Messiah supported weight maps ala Lightwave.

Anyway, all I've got so far is his eyebrows and eyelids. Doesn't sound like alot but believe me, it's a heck of alot of bonez!!!! Roughly 130 bones so far. Fortunately it's not phasing messiah yet. Still snappy.. Any thoughts / suggestions?

Carm3D
08-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Hi.. I rendered and posted a larger version of this animation.. You can see it in the creatures gallery of my site. Have fun!

Wegg
08-05-2003, 03:41 PM
Cool Carm.

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.