PDA

View Full Version : Super Dark Footage Issue

Reed5point0
08-14-2009, 06:22 PM
Ok a little breakdown but I cant go into major details for certain reasons.

I work for a lawfirm currently, and was just handed some footage from a police dashcam. Its pretty late at night and its a very dark street. I need to correct this footage possibly degrain. I know I can't make it perfect, but I really need to see what is going down when they step off into the shadows.

Gamma and Brightness were my guess, but they both blow it out too much, I was wondering if anyone had some nice tips.

the less I have to edit this footage the easier its gonna be to get the OK to use in court.

http://www.carolinalive.com/uploadedImages/wpde/News/Stories/dashcam.jpg

I wish i could show the exact footage but I doubt I can since its evidence for a current case. So here is a basic example of the footage I have. Imagine that scanario but they have to take the guy to the ground in the almost black area.

P.S I am using Apple Shake

scrimski
08-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Lumakey out the dark parts, increase their contrast or levels and over it on the original footage

Reed5point0
08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Amazing idea but I just did a quick Lumakey and then used the Aplha to see it all....after that it was just ReOrder and FileOut. Looks just like black and white nightvison. I can see every detail now, and without that idea from you. I would be at square one still.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2009, 10:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.