PDA

View Full Version : Sean Kealey '09 Character TD SHOWREEL

skealeye
08-14-2009, 06:22 PM
My reel I put together with some work from the past 2 years or so...

REEL (http://vimeo.com/5990242)

Remi
08-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Nice reel. Would be cool to see some of the rig setups as well as what you already have there, only thing I would change. Great reel though, some fun looking projects.

Kuroart
08-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Really cool reel, man. I agree with remi, though. I would definitely like to see the rigs themselves. Great stuff even so.

AVBN5000
08-14-2009, 10:29 PM
This reel was just amazing. What were the different project titles you did throughout this reel? I found only a few on your website. The one that I was intrigued by was the monsters in the woods video. That was terrifying and very unsettling...but i want to check out the whole video.

Awesome work!

Good luck for life,
Adam

skealeye
08-14-2009, 11:04 PM
thanks for the positive comments guys...
and i promise i will have some rig demos coming soon (in the process of finishing up some stuff before i cut the technical reel) , i just wanted to put this together as a showreel of commercial work..

the piece with the monsters is called Bloodtrail, it an animated short to promote a movie/game that is possibly in the works! I will try to upload the full spot onto my blog soon, but in the meantime you could check it out at nathanlove.com Unfortunately there some cooler shots that i would have liked to include in the reel, but they might have been to violent for some, so viewer beware!

BenCole
08-14-2009, 11:11 PM
awesome work and great music : )

kandyRabitz22
08-15-2009, 01:12 AM
I'm confused and maybe this is a dumb question, but your reel says "rigging" at the bottom as if you are trying to say that the rigging is what you did on all those pieces. If this is true then shouldn't there be some breakdowns showing some rigs?

I like the apple sauce piece its funny.

vvkonline
08-18-2009, 04:18 PM
It's great to see such a variate of characters, and it's so cool to see all this projects you worked on at once, keep up a good work, it's inspiring!

NolanSW
08-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Nice stuff there Sean ( like your name btw ).
I feel showing rigs in a show reel would kind of break the flow of the video. Doing a separate tech reel is the way to go. Usually I don't like vocals in reels but it wasn't too distracting. May shorten it up just a tad (under 3 min). You've got enough content that shows off the work so I think by tightening it up some would help.

As a side note, not all studios allow rigs to be shown in reels since it can expose technical setups that they may not want to public to know. However, it really doesn't matter since it's the end result that is shown. If a character deforms and moves convincingly then the rigger and animator has done their job. An employer will be able to ascertain their skills with the interview.

Again, nice work. :thumbsup:

-Sean

rybread
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
wow! tons of great stuff in there. impressive work and great reel!

OeMq
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Word up to NY animators.... Love ur stuff, and Nathan Love Studios rocks the house. You guys are my favorite in NY mainly because ya'll get so much character animation work.
Really sweet.
peace

kgaulin
08-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Fun reel man...congrats!

Larry_g1s
08-20-2009, 11:26 PM
Nice reel, I've seen some that work. ;)
Side note, what song was that and by whom if you don't mind me asking.

skealeye
08-24-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for all the positivie comments !!

Larry_g1s the song is Electric Feel by MGMT

RyanBox
08-27-2009, 11:59 AM
Very Nice Reel you have right there ~ very inspiring . I love the pizza , carrot and perhaps mashed potato ? . So adorable ~ :D

Our latest TV commercial
Mitsubishi - Prison Break TVC (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=154&t=795764)

rucish
08-27-2009, 04:12 PM
nice reel seanfu!

glxtrix
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Great reel man!

CGTalk Moderation
08-27-2009, 04:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.