PDA

View Full Version : Preparing for: SMC 15

IRAFK
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Preparing, SMC 15...

Ideas?

Digi had mentioned we do another concept art piece, similar to the last challenge, except we use art from deviantart.com (we will have to narrow down to one subject)

I had mentioned doing "destroyed buildings" or what have you. Like an old dilapidated shack?

What are some other ideas?

Lets give this to the end of the day (EST) and then well make it official and get the challenge going so well have the weekend.

cheers

nimbiot
08-14-2009, 08:42 PM
lets do the destroyed, aging, or coroding structures now to get the challenge going. We can think of the deviant art concepts challenge as we do smc 15. Narrowing down concept subject would probably take another couple days or so.

SKeller
08-14-2009, 10:23 PM
i agree. We should do decaying structures for this challange.

Katzenminze
08-14-2009, 10:58 PM
sounds interesting,
is it ok to use textures on this one too?
since textures/bumps can really add to the decay.

maybe we could agree on a certain genre? or maybe a theme? like an old wil dwest/desert barn. or lets say a sci-fi spaceship hanger which hasent been used for aa while and therefore being reclaimed by mother nature. (like on the planet endor from star wars)
i think narrowing it done could add to the challenge and make themodels more comparable?
what do you guys think?

IRAFK
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Sounds like we have an accord here, challenge is posted.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.