PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Misty effect in Space

Decrypt786
08-14-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Guys,

Could anyone elaborate on as to how this guy may have achieved the wonderful fog/mist like effect. if you look really close you can see the light beams even being broken wherever the little planets are.

http://www.digitalblasphemy.com/preview.shtml?i=cosmogony&t=Cosmogony

Someone told me that the fog on the right hand side of the planet is achieved with a gradient ramp, to me it looks like volume light effect but i really dont know.

NB: this image belongs to digital blasphemy, i hope im not breaking any laws here.

Thanks guys

ndeboar
08-14-2009, 09:53 AM
looks like a photoshop job to me, probably just painted it.

if i was going to do it in 3d, probably have to go down the fluids path.

My 2c.

Nick

soulburn3d
08-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Ya, I'd recommend just painting it. Use a large soft brush, and once you have the right intensities, use the liquify filter to manually add the nice tendril effects. Otherwise, I know way back in the day Cebas had a plugin called RealLensFlares that gave you some fantastic noise effects you could apply to glows. Not sure if they still sell it though.

- Neil

Decrypt786
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Photoshop, umm yes can be achieved through photoshop, but dont anybody know if its possible through 3ds max? using fog effects or gradient ramps volume lighting etc.

The original is done on lightwave i think

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2009, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.