PDA

View Full Version : My first DemoReel

YoongKunKim
08-14-2009, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BHNhdrER4o

This is my DemoReel from Inter-dec college.

I just graduated from this college, and it was 1 year course.

This DemoReel is basically about Modeling, also Digital painting and Animation in the End.

Hope you enjoy it !

mistasam02
08-14-2009, 09:12 AM
Hey, good job on the first reel. You have some nice models! As something you send out in search of work, however, this is way too long, and I feel the short film told through animated stills is hurting you. Try to focus more on what you want to specialize in the field for your next reel (whether it be modeling/texturing or something else). As a showcase of your work from school, I think it was nice! Keep it up dude.

skealeye
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Wow for 1 year you have a lot of stuff!

I am going to have to agree with mistasam02 with the lengh... 4:44 is way to long for student work. On the positive side you have some nice looking work (the zbrushed face and Dino are really cool!).

If i were you i would Show the zbrush stuff first, Face, Dino.. etc...
Then u can show the matte panting (i would speed it up a tad)..
Then if you are trying to show off some rendering and lighting include a few of the still from the beginning...

I would honestly cut out the animation at the end, and the lineup pan of people towards the beginning. These i feel are the weaker pieces in the reel and eat up time.

Keep up the good work, looking foward to seeing more of your stuff in the future.

kandyRabitz22
08-15-2009, 01:01 AM
I think the scene of the guy painting is one of your strongest pieces. I didn't read the credits but I'm assuming you did all the work yourself. The reel itself is way too long. Most of your work is textures and modeling so I would focus on showing that and cut anything that isn't textures and models. I would get some better textures on Vageta and put him and the dinosaur closer to the front of the reel. You could cut some time out of the beginning credits, we only need need to see them long enough to read your name and get your info. You could probably also lose the cards that explain what is in your reel as all of us are industry people and we know what we are looking at. As for your animatic- I would pick the stils that have the best poses/action/ story in them and cut the rest. We don't need to see the whole animatic. Scene breakdowns are nice, but dont let them take too long. If we need to see it agian we will hit rewind and pause. The head of the soldier starts it's rotation from the back of the head. Start with the face as that is the part we want to see the most because it has the most detail/ modeling skill. Remember always show the best of everything first.
i hope this helps.

YoongKunKim
08-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the all of comments, Yea I think I should make it short.

and change the order of my works.

Also I need to be more specialized as u guys said .

I just wanted put everything what I did in my class , maybe it was my first reel, so

I didnt know what I really want to focus on, just show what I did..

anyway, thanks again, Im gonna change my reel a little bit.

and Im gonna keep working !

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2009, 04:31 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.