PDA

View Full Version : how's everyone liking Paintstop?

PhoenixCG
08-13-2009, 04:55 PM
i think it's really cool, and i'm glad to have it as part of my tool set, but it sort of seems out of place being part of zbrush. what do you guys think?

aurick
08-14-2009, 12:04 AM
ZBrush was created from the start as a painting program. Over time the sculpting features have evolved tremendously, but all the painting features have always remained. In fact, with every upgrade there have been complaints that modelers were getting all the love while painters were being left in the dust.

PaintStop doesn't actually add anything new to ZBrush that wasn't already there. What it does is to make the painting features much mroe accessible and intuitive for traditional artists.

It is not meant to replace Photoshop, Art Rage, Painter, or whatever other "real media" app you might currently have. That's actually why it's called PaintStop -- it makes it easy to take a quick sketching or painting pit stop without shutting down ZBrush.

ZBrush is a highly versatile application. The fact that some people are saying that the painting features strike them as out of place simply indicates that people weren't necessarily aware of everything that the app is capable of. :)

Ryonosuke11
08-14-2009, 12:38 AM
I think its a great addition... makes it easy to sketch out a concept and then starting pulling zspheres to match it.

PhoenixCG
08-14-2009, 07:45 AM
i knew that ZB1 was a 2.5d painter, i had just assumed that they had decide to move away from that. i'm quite pleased with the Paintstop plug-in, i just didn't see it coming. tell everyone back at Pixologic thanks for me.

CGTalk Moderation
08-14-2009, 07:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.