PDA

View Full Version : DePaul

Rocknificent
08-12-2009, 06:23 PM
The course seems to be exactly what I'm looking for in a course. The school is near Chicago, IL.

Here's the page with the course description:
http://www.cdm.depaul.edu/academics/Pages/BSinAnimation.aspx

If anyone has heard of this program, or has gone through it, please tell me your thoughts and opinions.

gawl126
08-12-2009, 09:23 PM
DePaul is a good school in general, although it is expensive too. What kind of animation are you looking to do? I'd also recommend taking a look at SJSU's Animation program.

Rocknificent
08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
I'm kinda looking to go in the direction of game art. Character modeling, rigging, animating, as well as building architectural models to be used in games. I don't know any other schools in Illinois that have a course like that one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

KThnxBye
08-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah and if you want to save a little money you could go to a community college in Illinois first, Depaul has some kind of deal where they'll transfer everything I think. It might just be with certain IL colleges though. You could always come down to Champaign and go to Parkland College, heh I went there... It's inexpensive and they have a digital media AS degree with a game design concentration available. Or you can go strait to Depaul... You might not get to take much animation the first two years at Depaul anyway though, but you'll probably make more friends if you go strait there, idk.

CGTalk Moderation
08-13-2009, 10:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.