PDA

View Full Version : Selling or swapping ZBrush2 (4) Win License

Entomogant
08-11-2009, 08:15 AM
Hi everyone!

I own a Zbrush2 Win XP License, but I switched from PC to Mac and because of that I want to change my license so I can use this great piece of software without changing OS every time.

Two possibilities:

First: I sell my PC version and buy a new one (thought 75% of the new price, so you would save 25%)

Second: I find someone who wants to switch from Mac to PC and we just swap licenses (I would prefer this option).

As I said I have the Zbrush2 version which is upgradeable to the actual version (3.12) without additional costs (got a confirmation from Pixologic about that) and a free upgrade to Z3.5 and Z4 when released. Transfer is going over Pixologic, safe and sound. Very important: It is a full commercial license!

Offers are welcome, just write me a message or a mail ( Nicolas_Lange@gmx.de ).

Greetings,

Nicolas

cresshead
08-13-2009, 11:07 PM
i'm retty aure you can move formpc to mac via pixologic

they had mac osx move to pc and back when 3 slipped it's date so can't see why they woudl not offer a pc to mac route

TonyEdwards
08-14-2009, 03:53 AM
cresshead is right. I was able to transfer my license from Windows to OS X, but swapping licenses would probably be less costly.

Before transferring though, I ran ZBrush through virtualization. Since I had 4GB or RAM on my mac, I allocated 2GB to the virtual PC and it was the same as running it on my old PC. Probably would be a pain for extended use but it seemed to work okay for my fooling around.

Entomogant
08-15-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi there,

I can swap my license, but Pixologics want me to pay 50% of new price. I already own that license, I just want to change OS and 50% is way to much for that!

So i sell my license. Some lucky person can save 25% of ne price and I buy a new OS license and save 25% compared to swapping. Great deal for everyone.

cresshead
08-15-2009, 10:12 AM
actually the 50% cost is to add a licence not swap...so you have a mac and a pc licence

Entomogant
08-15-2009, 10:16 AM
Are you sure? That would be great! I asked Pixologic about swapping, not adding.

Is it possible to add a license and sell one? That would be awesome!!
I have to ask Pixologic about that.

Thanks a lot for that hint!

Entomogant
08-26-2009, 09:38 PM
No one interested?

Any ideas where i can sell the license with a bit more success? ;-)

RKanyama
08-29-2009, 03:16 AM
No one interested?

Any ideas where i can sell the license with a bit more success? ;-)

I was planning on doing the same thing, how funny. I also have a PC license and wanted a Mac lic. instead. I called Pixologic too and the post above is correct. 50% is for an additional license so you will have PC and Mac. Be glad you don't have any autodesk stuff. Once you buy it, you are stuck with it for life. :-(

aurick
08-31-2009, 08:11 PM
I'd just like to clarify things for people.

You basically have two options:

Do the cross-platform migration through Pixologic. This costs 50% of the current commercial price, and gives you a copy for the new platform. You continue to have the original license as well. You may not sell the original in this situation.
Sell your original license to somebody else for whatever price you can. Pixologic will help you transfer the license to the new user. You then purchase a license on the new platform at full price.
Hope that alleviates any confusion.

Entomogant
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
@Aurick:
Thanks for the clarification! I will sell my windows license then.

CGTalk Moderation
09-04-2009, 10:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.