PDA

View Full Version : bright white woes

spiralof5
08-10-2009, 04:34 AM
I'll be posting this in Final Cut as well just because I think both programs might be worth a shot.

I have a video of my father skydiving. The people taking the film were amateurs and forgot not to have the exposure set on the camera to blinding white. I don't think they even know what white balance is.

So now I'm stuck, with the compressed footage that I demanded to have after the terrible video experience (the skydive was awsome.) The problem is that it is not raw footage and everything is blindingly bright. Not only is everything bright white, but my father's suit is white and the hangar is, of course, white.

Is there any hope to making the footage not so flat whilst maintaining a genuine feel to the footage?

Thanks,

Scott A. Rinehart

beaker
08-10-2009, 11:47 PM
I doubt it. Can you post a still. You can try CC'ing it in FCP to see what kind of range it has to recover from.

sundialsvc4
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
All that you can do is to capture some frames from the footage and see if there is any detail at all in the blown-out whites. Unfortunately, there probably isn't.

Which means... you and your dad are just gonna have to go skydiving again! :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
08-24-2009, 06:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.