PDA

View Full Version : Animation: "She's not like... available"

jeandenis
08-02-2003, 11:14 PM
Please edit and post a few stills from the animation

Hey,

I'd love to hear some feedback for this:

"She's not like... available" (http://www.jeandenis.net/Animation/HospitalSmall.mov)

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Jean-Denis

Software used: Maya, Sound Forge, AE

http://www.jeandenis.net/Animation/hospitalbig.jpg

tenl
08-03-2003, 04:44 AM
Nice!!!

I love the color and the ambient. Only critique would be a more moodier background....

oh and I didn't understand that last line for the guy on the right.

Can you post a dialogue?

TENL:applause:

jeandenis
08-03-2003, 07:54 AM
Thanks,

the last line was: "Now what I touch..."

It's from Jurassic Park, where Goldblum and Neil are in the car, just before the T-rex attack.

I still have to work on some props and as you mentioned, the background. Any ideas for that?

Thanks for the feedback
Cheers
Jean-Denis

Volker
08-03-2003, 11:46 PM
Jean_Denis, great piece you have going here!

Just one crit, why does the guy on the left look down for a couple seconds after he says, "is she?"

Maybe he could look over to his friend and then back down? I just seems like he gets sheepish or something. My 2 cents.
Can't wait to see it finished.
~Zach

tenl
08-04-2003, 04:42 AM
Like I said, to me everything is fine except for the BG. You could put those curtains that divide the spaces in hospitals in the background..that will be quick, easy and you really don't have to put much effort into it...

Just a suggestion...

Oh, and as soon as I have my site up, I would like to post this quick flik in my fav. clips section. I hope it's okay. It will be hosted on my site as well with a proper link to you web or email...your call...

TENL:thumbsup:

jeandenis
08-04-2003, 05:50 PM
Good idea with the curtain, thanks.

I wanted the left guy to be a bit sheepish, but maybe it's too much. Now that I think of it, it doesn't really suit his character, it doesn't really fit his voice. I'll need to tone that down.

Tenl: no problem about the link, I am happy to be in your favorite clip section.

Thanks for the feedback!
Jean-Denis

CreativeM1nd
08-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Wasnt sure if you noticed.

Watch the bandage on the guy in the red shirt. It flickers in and out, may be a shader issue or a render issue. Check it out.

jeandenis
08-06-2003, 05:43 AM
Yeah I know, I used the GI Joe script for the lighting. If your dmap is low then shadows tend to flicker. I'll fix that later.

Thanks though
Jean-Denis

CGTalk Moderation
01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.