PDA

View Full Version : Cookies! the short film

Hugarue
08-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey everybody,
This is my second attempt at a short film, it took me about a year while in my 4th year of college. All 3d aspects were done by me, I got sound from a website subscription and I recorded the voices with a little Zoom voice recorder. Did my best with what our college had to offer! Alfred State in new york is where I call home, the 3D program is really new and ever changing. Hope you enjoy the movie!

http://www.vimeo.com/4580181

Comments, questions, critiques are all welcome. I've learned alot already since I completed it and I'm always looking to learn more! thanks again.

MLHayes
08-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Well first off congrats on finishing your short,the ainmation looked very stiff,and some of the poses didn't read to well,I say get grounded in the fundementals.Start doing little acting pieces,get better timing and poses.Keep it up.

anmKevin
08-10-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey, congrats on the short! I think the renders looked nice and the idea at it's core was alright. The animation was a little stiff like Hayes said. Your timing could use some work too (the running/walking was a little floaty and slow).

From a film perspective, I thought it was a little unclear. At first I thought the milk might be alive too and that it would be like a woman for them or something...Did some of them know what milk was and some didn't? I thought it might have been better without the talking, though the voice acting was done alright (except the "noooo" seemed out of place oddly, and maybe the dad's voice). Of course, if there was no talking then many things would have to be changed. A few things that were weird for me was that he was reading milk from the inside of the wrapping when it would be on the outside and thus backwards. That would have been fine, he could have sounded it out or something. And the kid drinking the milk at the end was weird cause there was a cookie in the glass. Did he drink the cookie or take it out first? You could have had him not drink it at all, it wouldn't make a difference I don't think.

Anyway, just my two cents. Hope it helps!

CGTalk Moderation
08-10-2009, 06:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.