PDA

View Full Version : video cameras

iC4
05-13-2002, 12:06 PM
I want to combine my 3d animations with "real videos", and because of that I need a video camera :rolleyes:

And know I want to know what I need, for example which type of camera, there are DV, Digital 8 and Hi 8 and do I need a video card for the PC to edit those videos?

Hope somebody can explain these things :)

TiGER
05-13-2002, 12:39 PM
i have a Sony Digital 8 camera. it does pretty good, but i would recommend DV if you have the money. check the local ads and see what specials local retailers are having. i got a free firewire card with my camera, and you'll need one of those!

shoutaway
05-13-2002, 12:40 PM
I would definitely recommend 'DV' camcoder. Then you will only need a firewire card.
Mostly latest dv cam support dv-out.(or dv in/out both. put some more cash)
You will be able to capture images(video footages)via firewire card directly.(probably costs around 30?)

iC4
05-13-2002, 07:50 PM
thx for the help

since I don't have the money for a DV camera I think I will buy a digital 8

yair
05-14-2002, 11:39 AM
i have digital 8 cam from the moment it came out a couple of years ago, i bought it becuase it was cheap as hell and the tapes are also very cheap.
its an amazing product, it suffered with me on a six month trip to india and all kind of bad things bumped into it (including a raging yack!) but it stood it ground.
the picture quality is good (amazing compered to 8mm or hi8) but not compered to a 3ccd cam like the sony trv900 or vx1000 which give a much sharper pic (including a hefty price tag).
if your into comopsiting i would go with a better cam though. i tried it with motion tracking software like matchmove or boujou and the resualts are less then satisfactory mybe one of those with progresive scan ?

btw.
anybody has exprance with progresive scan (scam?) cameras?

ZrO-1
05-14-2002, 12:52 PM
A progressive-scan, DV camera is going to give you the best picture quality. You really have to consider the picture quality of your footage when compositing sources. Remember the golden rule: GIGO (garbage in, garbage out). Your final piece will only be as good as the sources it comes from.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.