PDA

View Full Version : school girl character

sumeetkaur
08-09-2009, 09:16 AM
plz check it & give ur feedback...i m not sure about cuts.

sumeetkaur
08-09-2009, 09:18 AM
some more.............

Piflik
08-09-2009, 11:35 AM
The nose is way to dense.
The fingers seem to be square in cross section, but still have 8 segments. They also have not enough segments.
If you want to be able to animate it, you'll definately need some loops around the elbow, knees and hips.
On the back, you have these 5 really narrow loops. Space them a bit.

Have a look at some topology tutorials.

sumeetkaur
08-09-2009, 12:19 PM
Thank you Piflik. I would add some loops around knees, elbow,&hips. And I would divide the cuts of the back more propotionately. lessen some loops from nose. But I didnt get what you said about hands.......
I would follow ur advise & check out some tuts on topology.:)

Piflik
08-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Maybe I am mistaken, but from the picture it seems that the top, bottom and sides of the fingers are perfectly planar, and the edgeloops along their centers are wasted (not adding curvature to the fingers). And I myself have one more joint per finger ;).

sumeetkaur
08-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Hi Piflik! No you are not mistaken. I actually didnt give any roundness to the fingures.Its very true that they are looking very square. At first I didnt understand your point but then I pondered over it and understood what you meant to say. Thank you Piflik your comments really helped me to improve my model.:)

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2009, 06:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.